Design is the ornamental value which appeals to the eyes of the user. The article to qualify for design protection must be related only to the appearance of the goods and not to the functions of the product. In other words, under Designs Act, only the aesthetic appeal of the product is protected and not… Read more »
The Copyright is an inherent right which comes into existence along with the work under protection. Whereas, design is a statutory right granted by state to the author or owner of the Design. In cases where the work was to be protected under Designs Act and has not been done so, the automatic protection of… Read more »
Yes to avail protection under the Designs Act, the article should be registered under Designs Act. Otherwise, the automatic protection of copyright will cease after 50 industrial reproductions.
The following designs are not registrable according to designs act; A design which is not novel or original; The design which is anticipated by prior use or publication; A design which is not significantly distinguishable from known designs or combination of known designs; Comprises scandalous or obscene matter;
The term of design is 15 years, subject to the design being renewed after 10 years. The renewal is for another 5 years making the total duration up to 15 years.
The remedies available under the Designs Act are compensation payable which shall not exceed Rs. 50000/- (Rs. Fifty Thousand only). Apart from the compensation we can also pray for injunction.
Designs are for goods and articles that appeal to the eye of an individual or to his esthetic. Functional features are not protected under the Law of Designs. For it to qualify for design protection, it must relate to the shape and appearance of the goods or articles and it must be applied by a… Read more »
Section 2 (a) makes it clear that only an article of manufacture and any substance which is artificial or partly artificial and partly natural and includes any part of an article capable of being made and sold separately.
Yes, only if the part of an article is such that it is capable of being made and sold separately
Designs and patent are statutory rights and the statute prescribes registration as condition precedent for protection. Trade Mark and copyrights where originally common law rights and it is possible to have an unregistered copyright or an unregistered trade mark.
Send News & Articles
Send your News & Articles to Publish in this website. For sending Articles & News CLICK HERE
- कहीं आपकी जन्म कुंडली में व्यभिचारी जीवनसाथी मिलने के योग तो नहीं?
- समाजवादी पार्टी की कलह पारिवारिक या राजनैतिक
- न विचार न सिद्धांत: केवल सत्ता महान?
- नेताजी के कुनबे में राजनीतिक भूचाल?
- केंद्र का भिखारियों के प्रति व्यक्त होता सम्मान
- हलाला ‘कानून और ‘तीन तलाक’ जैसे बर्बर कानूनको त्यागने में दिक्कत क्या है ?
- नवाज शरीफ ने भी दी भारत को हजार ज़ख्म देने के पुराने प्लान को फिर से हरी झंडी
- पाकिस्तान ने भारतीय टीवी चैनलों के प्रसारण पर लगाई रोक
- प्रधानमंत्री ने यह दिवाली सैनिकों को की समर्पित
- जम्मू-कश्मीर: पाक फ़ायरिंग में 1 बीएसएफ जवान शहीद
- एटीएम कार्ड से पेमेंट करते वक्त ऐसे करें पेमेंट तो नहीं होगा डाटा लीक
- डेबिट कार्ड सेंधमारी पर वित्त मंत्रालय ने मांगी रिपोर्ट
- पत्नी ललिता की कथित आत्महत्या मामले में कबड्डी खिलाड़ी रोहित गिरफ्तार
- J&K: 12