Design is the ornamental value which appeals to the eyes of the user. The article to qualify for design protection must be related only to the appearance of the goods and not to the functions of the product. In other words, under Designs Act, only the aesthetic appeal of the product is protected and not… Read more »
The Copyright is an inherent right which comes into existence along with the work under protection. Whereas, design is a statutory right granted by state to the author or owner of the Design. In cases where the work was to be protected under Designs Act and has not been done so, the automatic protection of… Read more »
Yes to avail protection under the Designs Act, the article should be registered under Designs Act. Otherwise, the automatic protection of copyright will cease after 50 industrial reproductions.
The following designs are not registrable according to designs act; A design which is not novel or original; The design which is anticipated by prior use or publication; A design which is not significantly distinguishable from known designs or combination of known designs; Comprises scandalous or obscene matter;
The term of design is 15 years, subject to the design being renewed after 10 years. The renewal is for another 5 years making the total duration up to 15 years.
The remedies available under the Designs Act are compensation payable which shall not exceed Rs. 50000/- (Rs. Fifty Thousand only). Apart from the compensation we can also pray for injunction.
Designs are for goods and articles that appeal to the eye of an individual or to his esthetic. Functional features are not protected under the Law of Designs. For it to qualify for design protection, it must relate to the shape and appearance of the goods or articles and it must be applied by a… Read more »
Section 2 (a) makes it clear that only an article of manufacture and any substance which is artificial or partly artificial and partly natural and includes any part of an article capable of being made and sold separately.
Yes, only if the part of an article is such that it is capable of being made and sold separately
Designs and patent are statutory rights and the statute prescribes registration as condition precedent for protection. Trade Mark and copyrights where originally common law rights and it is possible to have an unregistered copyright or an unregistered trade mark.
Send News & Articles
Send your News & Articles to Publish in this website. For sending Articles & News CLICK HERE
- ताज हेरिटेज कारीडोर पर मुगल गार्डन विकसित होगा, सफाई का काम शुरू
- ईमानदारी और पारदर्शिता की कसौटी पर भाजपा
- बुन्देलखण्ड के मालवीय थे परमपूज्य स्वामी ब्रह्मानंद जी
- भारतीय शिक्षाव्यवस्था का इतिहास करवट लेगा : निकट भविष्य में डॉक्टरी की पढ़ाई हिन्दी में कर पाएंगे भारतीय बच्चे
- औलाद के लिए षडयंत्र किया दिलीप कुमार ने पर बन न सके बाप…..
- यूपी चुनावः नोटबंदी से ‘मंदा’ पड़ा टिकट का ‘धंधा’
- अर्थक्रांति और राष्ट्रवाद की और देश
- देश के 91 प्रमुख जलाशयों के जलस्तर में दो प्रतिशत की कमी
- पुराने नोटों को बदलने संबंधी याचिका पर वित्त मंत्रालय से जवाब मांगा
- नक्सली हमले में सीआरपीएफ जवान घायल
- विराट की टीम के पास विदेशों के टेस्ट जीतने वाला गेंदबाजी आक्रमण: सहवाग
- कश्मीर घाटी में सामान्य जनजीवन बाधित
- सड़क दुर्घटना में आठ स्कूली छात्र घायल
- शाहिद और मीरा ‘कॉफी विद करण’ में नजर आएंगे
- CONVEYANCING OF SALE DEED AND ITS REQUIREMENTS on
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN IN INDIA on
- Mandatory documents required for export and Import of goods on
- Rights Of Students Under Right To Information Act 2005 on
- Mobile Cell Phones And Cyber Crimes In India on
- CYBER CRIMES AND THE LAW on
- WILL under Indian Law on