Functions of Central Pollution Control Board : –
- Advise the Central Government on matters relating to pollution;
- Coordinate the activities of the State Boards;
- Provide Technical assistance to the State Boards, carry out and sponsor investigations and research relating to control of pollution;
- Plan and organize training of personnel;
- Collect, compile and publish technical and statistical data, prepare manuals and code of conduct.
- To lay down standards;
- To plan nation wide programme for pollution control.
Functions of the State Pollution Control Boards: –
- To advise the State Government on matter relating to pollution and on siting of industries
- To plan programme for pollution control;
- To collect and disseminate information;
- To carry our inspection;
- To lay down effluent and emission standards;
- To issue consent to industries and other activities for compliance of prescribed emission and effluent standards,
What are the specific functions of the Pollution Control Boards?