Following actions can be expected from the police in a non-cognizable offence –
The information regarding non-cognizable offence ought to get lodged in the Daily Diary Register.
- Complainant ought to get advised & briefed properly to approach the Court.
- Police officer can not investigate into the Non-congnizable cases without the order of the court.
- A copy of DD entry duly signed ought to be provided to the complainant free ocost.
- If orders regarding investigation into non-cognizable cases is received the same procedure should be adopted as in the cognizable cases.
- Orders of the court should be obtained to arrest the accused in Non congnizable cases after the investigation
- If one of the offences in the commission of crime is cognizable office then Non-congnizable offence should also be investigated in the same manner( as Cognizable offences are investigated.
What action can be expected from the police in a non-cognizable offence?