Benefits of Mediation –
People in disputes who are considering using mediation as a way to resolve their differences often want to know what the process offers. While mediation can not guarantee specific results, there are trends that are characteristic of mediation.
Below is a list of some of the benefits of mediation, broadly considered. Mediation generally produces or promotes:
- Economical Decisions
- Rapid Settlements
- Mutually Satisfactory Outcomes
- High Rate of Compliance
- Comprehensive and Customized Agreements
- Greater Degree of Control and Predictability of Outcome
- Personal Empowerment
- Preservation of an Ongoing Relationship or Termination of a Relationship in a More Amicable Way
- Workable and Implementable Decisions
- Agreements that are Better than Simple Compromises or Win/Lose Outcomes
- Decisions that Hold Up Over Time
Mediation – Mediation is a process in which a neutral third party (the mediator) assists the parties to a dispute to reach a mutually acceptable resolution.