Indian Nationals intending to go overseas for the purpose of employment need to undergo an emigration check done by the Protector of Emigrants (POEs). For a list of persons/categories of workers in whose case emigration check is not required visit the website of Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs.
Overseas Corporate Body (OCB) means a company, partnership firm, society and other corporate body owned directly or indirectly to the extent of at least sixty per cent by Non-Resident Indians and includes overseas trust in which not less than sixty percent beneficial interest is held by Non-resident Indians directly or indirectly but irrevocably, which was in existence as on September 16, 2003 and was eligible to undertake transactions pursuant to the general permission granted under Foreign Exchange Management Regulations.
NRIs can invest in India as under –
- Investment under Automatic Route with repatriation benefits
- Investment with Government approval
- Other investments with repatriation benefits
- Investments up to 100% equity without repatriation benefits
- Other investments by NRIs/OCBs without repatriation benefits.