What are the specific functions of the Pollution Control Boards?
Functions of Central Pollution Control Board :
- Advise the Central Government on matters relating to pollution.
- Coordinate the activities of the State Boards.
- Provide Technical assistance to the State Boards, carry out and sponsor investigations and research relating to control of pollution.
- Plan and organize training of personnel.
- Collect, compile and publish technical and statistical data, prepare manuals and code of conduct.
- To lay down standards.
- To plan nation wide programme for pollution control.