Copyright registration process consists of the following steps:
- Application to be made in form XIV
- One application to be made for each category of work
- Every application should be signed by the author or owner of right
- Application for registration of a computer programme should be accompanied by source code/object code
- Application should be accompanied with the official fees
- The person applying for registration shall give notice of his application to every person who claims or has any interest in the subject matter of the copyright
- If no objection is received within 30 days by the Registrar, the particulars given in the application will be entered in the Register of Copyrights.
Intellectual Property is the Property, which has been created by exercise of Intellectual Faculty. It is the result of persons Intellectual Activities.
Thus Intellectual Property refers to creation of mind such as inventions, designs for industrial articles, literary, artistic work, symbols which are ultimately used in commerce. Intellectual Property rights allow the creators or owners to have the benefits from their works when these are exploited commercially.
These rights are statutory rights governed in accordance with the provisions of corresponding legislations. Intellectual Property rights reward creativity & human endeavor which fuel the progress of humankind.
The intellectual property is classified into seven categories i.e . (1) Patent (2) Industrial Design (3) Trade Marks (4) Copyright (5) Geographical Indications (6) Lay out designs of integrated circuits (7) Protection of undisclosed information/Trade Secret according to TRIPs agreements.