The following steps are taken: –
- Establishment of Ambient Air Quality Monitoring throughout India
- Notification of Ambient Air Quality Standards under Environment (Protection) Act.
- Notification of vehicular emission norms for year 1990-91,1996, 1998, 2000, 2001
- Improving fuel quality by phasing out lead from gasoline, reducing diesel sulphur, reducing gasoline benzene, and etc.
- Introduction of alternate fuelled vehicles like CNG/LPG.
- Improvement of public transport system.
- Phasing out of grossly polluting commercial vehicles.
- Public awareness & campaigns.
What are the steps taken to control vehicular pollution?