The register of trademark currently maintained in electronic form contains inter alia the trademark the class and goods/ services in respect of which it is registered including particulars affecting the scope of registration of rights conferred, the address of the proprietors, particulars of trade or other description of the proprietor, the convention application date (if applicable), where a trademark has been registered with the consent of proprietor of an earlier mark or earlier rights, that fact.
Sources of Trademark Laws –
- The national statues i.e., the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and rules made thereunder .
- International multilateral convention.
- National bilateral treaty.
- Regional treaty.
- Decision of the courts.
- Office practice reduced in Manuals and guidelines and rulings of the Courts.
- Decision of Intellectual Property Appellate Board.
- Text books written by academician and professional experts