These are the free in RTI –
- Application fees to be prescribed which must be reasonable.
- If further fees are required, then the same must be intimated in writing with calculation details of how the figure was arrived at;
- Applicant can seek review of the decision on fees charged by the PIO by applying to the appropriate Appellate Authority;
- No fees will be charged from people living below the poverty line.
- Applicant must be provided information free of cost if the PIO fails to comply with the prescribed time limit.
Information is any material in any form. It includes records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form. It also includes information relating to any private body which can be accessed by the public authority under any law for the time being in force.