Both the parties can resort to bilateral safeguards measures in the event of increased imports as a result of tariff reduction which causes or threatens to cause serious injury to the domestic industry. While the measure is to be imposed after due investigation, it can be in the form of
- Suspension of further reduction of duty
- Increase of tariffs upto the MFN level
On anti-dumping measures, both Parties would conduct all investigations against goods dumped from the other Party keeping in view the recommendations of the WTO Committee on Anti-Dumping Practices as well application of the lesser duty rule (LDR) and prohibition of zeroing.
Advantages of obtaining trademark registration-
- Prima-facie evidence of ownership of the trademark.
- Important asset for your business or company and contributes to the goodwill generated.
- Gives you stronger enforceable rights to prevent others from using the trademark in connection with the goods or services for which it is registered.
- Trademarks can be sold, licensed or assigned.
- Registration usually covers the whole of India.