Registration gives the exclusive right to use the mark in respect of goods or services for which it was registered.
What are the advantages of trademark registration?
The advantages of trademark registration are following:
- Protects your hard earned goodwill
- Protects your name from being used by others
- Creates a favourable impression in the mind of your consumers
- Helps in obtaining relief in case of infringement
- Gives you the right to license /assign trademarks.
Intellectual Property is the Property, which has been created by exercise of Intellectual Faculty. It is the result of persons Intellectual Activities.
Thus Intellectual Property refers to creation of mind such as inventions, designs for industrial articles, literary, artistic work, symbols which are ultimately used in commerce. Intellectual Property rights allow the creators or owners to have the benefits from their works when these are exploited commercially.
These rights are statutory rights governed in accordance with the provisions of corresponding legislations. Intellectual Property rights reward creativity & human endeavor which fuel the progress of humankind.
The intellectual property is classified into seven categories –
(2) Industrial Design
(3) Trade Marks
(5) Geographical Indications
(6) Lay out designs of integrated circuits
(7) Protection of undisclosed information/Trade Secret according to TRIPs agreements.