You can submit the application for information by followings –
- Apply in writing or through electronic means in English or Hindi or in the official language of the area, to the PIO, specifying the particulars of the information sought for.
- Reason for seeking information are not required to be given;
- Pay fees as may be prescribed (if not belonging to the below poverty line category).
- You can do that with the PIO or with APIO of the Govt. department you are questioning.
- In the case of all Central Government Departments, certain “post offices” have been designated as APIOs. This means that you can go to any of these post offices and submit your “fee” and “application” at the RTI counter in these post offices.
They will issue you a receipt and acknowledgement and it is then the responsibility of that post office to deliver it to the right PIO.