- The use of which would likely to deceive or cause confusion or contrary to any law.
- Which comprises or contains scandalous or obscene matter or any matter likely to hurt religion susceptibility of any class or section of citizens of India.
- Which would other wise is disentitled to protection in a court, which are determined to be generic names or indications of goods and are,
- Therefore, not or ceased to be protected in their country of origin or which have fallen into disuse in that country.
- Which, although literally true as to the territory, region or locality in which the goods originate, but falsely represent to the persons that the goods originate in another territory, region or locality, as the case may be.
A geographical indication (GI) is a sign used on products that have a specific geographical origin and possess qualities or a reputation that are due to that origin. In order to function as a GI, a sign must identify a product as originating in a given place.