Do I need a lawyer to protect my geographical indications?

Posted On & filed under .

A request of protection for a geographical indication may be filed, depending on the applicable law, without assistance from an IP lawyer or specialized agent. However, in many countries an applicant whose residence or principal place of business is outside the country where the protection is sought must be represented by a lawyer or agent… Read more »