Is there any provision in law for compensating the victim of an offence?

Posted On & filed under .

Yes. Under Section 357(3) of Code of Criminal Procedure, if the court convicts the accused and imposes a sentence of imprisonment on him, the court can order in the judgment for the accused to pay specific amount as compensation to the person who has suffered any loss or injury due to the act for which… Read more »