Author Profile

Legal India Admin

Posted On by &filed under .

Yes, it can do so and fix the amount of the deposit or supplementary deposit as the case may be, as an advanced for the cost and in a case where there is a counter claim it may fix separate amount of deposit for the counter claim.

The deposit shall be payable in equal share by the parties. Provided where one party fails to pay his share of the deposit, the other party may pay that share. Provided further that where the other party also does not pay the aforesaid share in respect of the claim or the counter claim, the Arbitrator may suspend or terminate the proceedings in respect of such claim or counter claim, as the case may be.

Upon termination of the proceedings, the Arbitrator share render an accounting to the parties of the deposits received and shall return any unexpended balance to the party or parties as the case may be. (section 38)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *