Posted On by &filed under Top Law News.


The Delhi High Court Friday gave another two-month breather to Blueline bus operators plying in south Delhi.

Justice S. Muralidhar asked the government to explain why no-show cause notice was issued for the buses which have valid permits, and directed the government to file reply by April 13.

Meanwhile, the interim order of the court allowing the buses to ply will continue.

The government planned to phase out Blueline buses from the city by March 2010. About 264 buses which fall under this category are marked to be removed from Delhi roads.

The bus operators approached the court asking for more time against the government’s notice. They said, the government should have given 30-day notice but has given only 10 days.

‘We know the history of Blueline buses. But the government will not take any coercive action till Feb 19,’ the judge had earlier said.

Defending the notification dated Jan 29, the government stated that Blueline buses which are more than 10 years old as of June this year will not be allowed to run.

According to the government, when the phase-out from south Delhi begins, operators plying buses which are less than 10 years old will be given charge of some routes on which the older buses were operating.

The allocation of routes will be done on a first come first served basis.

The shortfall, if any, will be met with the new low-floor DTC buses which are augmenting the fleet every month now.


Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz