Posted On by &filed under Corporate Law News.

Government has said that during the last three years two complaints for violation of Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices (MRTP) Act, 1969 have been lodged in the MRTP Commission. The complainants in both the cases belong to Andhra Pradesh. One complaint is against the Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad and the other is against Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi. Alleged violation of provisions of the Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices (MRTP) Act, 1969 is dealt with under the said Act through proceedings before the MRTP Commission.

This information was given today by Shri Salman Khurshid, Minister for Corporate Affairs, in the Lok Sabha in a written reply.


7 Responses to “Complaints against violation of MRTP Act”

  1. Jitendra Sethia

    Dated 30-11-12
    Respected Sir,
    I have online purchased a DTH connection from Dish TV DTH having VC no. 01517164370 Chip ID no. 005 2113 0846 and was installed at my home on 31-10-12 and the same was activated on 03-11-12. On the same day, I registered a complaint with their customer care for non availability of many channels in my above connection and in this regard complaint no. given to me was 103384830 dt. 03-11-12. Thereafter, I also sent reminder emails to their customer care on 05-11-12, 07-11-12, 10-11-12 and 15-11-12 regarding the same issue. Every time they replied me that according to their records, the problem is already handed over to Service Department and they will contact me shortly but their shortly has now become very very long as already 27 days have passed and no one has contacted me till today to resolve my problem.
    I also called their customer care on 01202550000 regarding the above issue and they replied me that my above complain is still pending in their records as service dept. has very busy schedule due to digilitization. It is of my utter surprise that their co. is busy in collecting money through installation of new connections and totally not worried about genuine problems of old customers who have already made full payment. It is not only useless but is a intentional cheating to install new connections any further as they are not able to attend connections already installed. On the other side, their company claims them self as “Asia’s biggest and best DTH service provider” on Electronic media but practically even after 27 days, they are even not able to attend my genuine problem for which I have already made the full payment. By these type of fake ad, Dish TV management is cheating innocent customers. This is a clear cut violation of MRTP Act 1969 and Dish TV management is required to be punished accordingly.
    Therefore, I want to file an complaint under MRTP Act 1969. Kindly forward my complaint to concerned dep’t/commission.

    Jitendra Sethia
    E-181, Ist floor, Prashant Vihar, Rohini, Behind Petrol Pump, Delhi-110085
    Email id

  2. ambrish pandey.

    Dear sir,
    I have complaint against pind baluchi restaurant situated in delhi at 32-A corner market, malviya nagar, pin code 110017 phone No 011-46068415 and16. they Have Tin No also as 07470373130. I want to complain under MRTP act. I have taken dinner on 07-08-2011 with my family. they have not asked about the serving of mineral water, but they served at its own. They have charged Rs 45 for a one liter Bisleri water bottel, while as per retail price it is not more than 15 /-. also they have charged Vat over it. along with other charges like service charges and service tax etc. Total I paid Rs 751/- for complete bill against bill no FB/07216dated 07-08-2011.
    according to MRTP act no one can charge price above retail printed price. So it is clear voilation of act and restaurant shall be punished accordingly. I want to file an complaint. Kindly forward my complaint to concerned deptt/commission.
    Also I want to know that is Vat is on water also.

    A C pandey
    H-50 B saket New Delhi-17
    Phone No 09350261270.

  3. Vikas Mohatta

    Dear Dipak

    In fine print of law, if some one making illicit relation with your wife, breaking your family you can move against them in court.

    Go through the fine print of law.

  4. Dipak Kumar Adhikari

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    We got Married 05/03/2002, and have a daughter born 09/07/2005. My wife and she’s family given me 498a/34 IPC, FIR NO.276, date 31/08/2009, P.S.: BAGUIATI, it’s not true case, believe me. My wife are engaged/Affair with a boy his house front of my house, all the matters are know every person in my village, and also they given me written about my character. When my wife goes outside form my house near about many vory gold and cash 1.20 lack Indian rupees taken. Not taken my daughter, daughter is now in my house. My wife doing the 498a case’s date 31/08/2009 and I arrest 06/09/2009, court give me bail at 19/09/2009 my 1st court date is 16/10/2009 done. 2nd court date is 04/01/2010 done. Next court date is 07/07/2010at Barashat court. Some proof (20 pcs. s.m.s., picture with the boy and a c.d.) has me about my wife and the boy that they are in illegal relation. Believe me I and my family love much more to my wife. They (My wife family) are very very poor and live in a bosti Address: 70/H/8 Manicktolla Main Road, Kolkata – 700054, Beside 5 Star Club, my mother see 1st time and she arrange my marriage, and Mother told me they are very poor so what? After marriage she is my family member, believe me not a single word is wrong. Before marriage my family not see my wife’s family, now we understand/also see that she’s family are very bad. My wife, she’s family and the boy they are misusing this law. Now my wife’s family understands all the affair matter. But my wife still now not agree she wants to marry to the boy. My wife left our only solitary daughter to me who is 4 years old having severe “Ashtama Disease, depends on INHEALER, here political Hide & seek game is going on & the father of the parents (THE FATHER OF THE BOY WHO HAS ILLICIT RELATIONS WITH MY WIFE) are rich, so they are spending money to everywhere with a view to be escaped. Now I decided that I’m not taken back my wife. I take a lawyer his name Mr. Kamelash Nandi. I don’t know what happened next? Now I went to punishment the boy. If possible please help me. Please investigate the matter and relief/save me and my family. And . My wife given me U/s. 125 Cr. P. C. Case NO.167/2009, date 16/12/2009. 1st Class Judicial Magistrate at Sealdeh. 1st court date is 15/01/2010.


    Dear all of my well wiser,

    Dear friend’s, actually I’m 100 percent victim, so I went to knowing my matter all the Indian and others. I write my matter to all minister in W.B., CBI, CID, Human rights department, Kolkata Police, my nation, all of the news channels, and all press, and many more, absolutely you also, I’m 100 percent victim but no body come to me. My question is why they not come to my house? I screw up to claim that I am as white as snow. Sir, If you don’t brook intervention then our family &especially my small daughter’s life will be ruined.

    I determined that if any reporter / any person come to my house then they know that I am 100 percent victim. And I win the case. I’m Punishment + harassment Without Crime.

    With kindest regards,

    Dipak Kumar Adhikari

    Tegharia(Dhali Para),NandanKanan. P.S.: Baguiati.

    P.O. Hatiara. Kolkata-700059 Email: PH. 9836149983

    W.B. India.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *