A special court has given final opportunity to Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Abu Jundal to advance his arguments on framing of charges in a case of alleged conspiracy to commit terror attacks in India after the 2008 Mumbai strike.
Jundal, who is lodged in a Mumbai jail, has been insisting for his production before the court here but in view of the prohibitory orders passed by Mumbai government, which was later upheld by the Bombay High Court, the court had rejected his plea last year.
District Judge Amar Nath asked the accused to start his arguments, by himself or through his advocate, on the next hearing on December 8.
Advocate M S Khan, appearing for Jundal, meanwhile, told the court that his client did not want him to argue in the matter without his physical presence here.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) has already concluded its arguments on the point of framing of charges against the accused, in which it claimed that “sometime in 2010, Jundal, along with his associates, entered into a conspiracy to commit terror attacks in the country.”
“He used Facebook accounts with the use of fake IDs and sent emails to contact several persons. Three among them were examined by the NIA. The confession given by Jundal in 26 November, 2008 Mumbai blasts case also corroborates this case,” the NIA said.
The NIA had chargesheeted Jundal alias Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari for allegedly conspiring to carry out terror activities in India after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
( Source – PTI )