Ex-Bigg Boss contestant denied anticipatory bail

Ex-Bigg Boss contestant denied anticipatory bail
Ex-Bigg Boss contestant denied anticipatory bail

A Delhi court today dismissed the anticipatory bail plea of former ‘Bigg Boss’ contestant Swami Om, who along with his associate is accused of molesting and threatening a woman, saying the allegations against him were grave and he could hamper the investigation.

Special Judge Sanjeev Aggarwal declined the relief to Swami Om, saying he could intimidate witnesses and that no ground for anticipatory bail was made out at this stage.

“Considering the grave and serious allegations against the accused and considering his past involvement and the fact that there are chances of intimidation of the witnesses as well as hampering of investigation by him, no ground for anticipatory bail is made out at this stage. The application is dismissed,” the court said.

It noted Swami Om was involved in four other cases and that the anticipatory bail plea of co-accused Santosh Anand Swami has already been dismissed by the court.

The court passed the order on the anticipatory bail plea filed by Swami Om who has alleged that he has falsely been implicated in the case as he has been advocating Indian culture and that anti-social elements wanted to stop his “social activity”.

Denying the allegations against him, the accused had said that on February 7 when the alleged incident took place, he spent his day in different offices of Delhi Police seeking security.

The court, however, rejected his plea of alibi saying that prima facie it does not appear to be plausible as the IO informed it that he had checked the visitor’s register of the office of the DCP (Central district) and there was no entry of the accused on February 7, when the alleged incident took place.

Regarding the CCTV footage of the DCP office, the IO said it has been automatically deleted for that period and it is not possible to retrieve it, the court noted.

The call detail records of Swami Om’s mobile phone also showed his location in the afternoon at Rajghat deport here, the place of alleged occurrence, it said.

The court said the victim has reiterated the contents of her complaint in her statement recorded before a magistrate where she named Swami Om along with others as those who abused her in filthy language, molested her and tried to drag her in a room with an intention to rape her.

( Source – PTI )

Evict Aseem Trivedi from ‘Bigg Boss’, says Republican Party of India (RPI)

On Thursday morning to the Bigg Boss home Angry Dalits from different parts of the state marched demanding eviction of one of its inmates, cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, a Republican Party of India (RPI) member said. “About 5,000 marchers, led by RPI chief Ramdas Athavale, have gathered here from Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Nashik and other parts.” party spokesperson Mayur Borkar also said. “Last week, Athavale had raised objections to Colors TV channel including Trivedi in its reality show, Bigg Boss, as he had committed insults to various symbols of India and denigrated the constitution.

He had given one week’s time to the TV channel to evict him or face action.”

Since the channel failed to remove him, the RPI led a march Thursday to seek his eviction from the Bigg Boss house, being shot in a bungalow in the hill town of Lonavala, about 100 km from Mumbai.

Bigg Boss is a reality show where contestants are locked inside the house for 98 days, away from the comforts of their everyday lives, and without any communication with the outside world. They have 70 cameras prying on their activities 24×7.

Borkar told that Trivedi had been unknown till he targeted various Indian symbols like the tricolour, the Ashok Chakra, parliament and the constitution.

“While the Maharashtra government may have let him off, he is still unanswerable to us as he has denigrated the constitution of India, penned by the great Dalit leader, Babasaheb Ambedkar”

Two months ago, Trivedi hogged the limelight after the Maharashtra government slapped sedition charges on him for sketching obscene cartoons denigrating Indian constitution and other symbols, during last year’s Anna Hazare-led anti-corruption crusade in Mumbai. Trivedi was thrown in jail but after a public outcry, was released. The sedition charges against him were quietly dropped.

Government told to hear TV channel out on ‘Bigg Boss’ row

The Bombay High Court Wednesday directed the union information and broadcasting ministry to serve a fresh show cause notice to Colors TV channel and give it a hearing over the content and timings of its reality show “Bigg Boss”.

The direction came during the hearing on the ministry’s order last month to the channel to telecast the show after 11 p.m. as it was felt the contents were not fit for family viewing.

The channel challenged the ministry’s order in the high court, which imposed a restrain on it. The restrain will continue till the ministry issues a fresh show-cause notice to the channel, a Colors spokesperson said.

Late November, following the ministry’s directive that the show should be removed from the prime time slot to after 11 p.m. as it had objectionable content, Colors channel moved the high court.

Wednesday’s order was given by a division bench of Justice D.K. Deshmukh and Justice R.Y. Ganoo.The bench directed the ministry to serve a fresh show-cause notice giving details of the alleged objectionable content within 24 hours.

After this, the channel would be required to submit its reply within 48 hours to the information and broadcasting secretary, who would also give a personal hearing to the channel.

Viewers earlier petitioned the ministry that the contents of the show were not fit for family viewing and it should be removed from prime time to an adult viewing slot between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.

“Bigg Boss” features a group of celebrity participants locked up in a house for three months without any access to the outside world, including newspapers or television.

Bigg Boss gets court reprieve till Monday

The Bombay High Court Thursday stayed till Monday a central government order directing Colors TV to shift the telecast of its reality show “Bigg Boss” from prime time to after 11 p.m., the channel said.

A division bench of Justice D.K. Deshmukh and Justice N.D. Deshpande, while granting the injunction till Monday, observed that the central government should have issued a show-cause notice to the channel before directing it to reschedule its programme telecast timing between 11 p.m.-5 a.m.

The order of the information and broadcasting ministry has been stayed till Monday when Colors channels petition will be heard. Till then, “Bigg Boss” will continue to be telecast in the prime time slot of 9 p.m., according to a company spokesperson.

The government Wednesday directed Colors and Imagine TV channels to change the telecast timings of their reality shows – “Bigg Boss” and “Rakhi Ka Insaaf” – to a late night slot following complaints of vulgarity.

The high court will also issue a notice to the ministry before the next hearing Nov. 22

Colors dragged to court for vulgarity, ‘fake’ wedding on ‘Bigg Boss’

A civil court here has served notice to the chief executive officer (CEO) of Colors TV channel for showing vulgar content on reality show “Big Boss” and cheating the audience by organising the wedding of an already married couple.

“The court of class two judge Suresh Srivastava served notice to the CEO of Colors TV and told him to be present on November 19,” Yawar Khan, advocate of the petitioner said Saturday.

Shamshul Hasan, a local resident, filed the petition Friday, saying that apart from showing vulgar content, the channel cheated viewers by organising the wedding of participants Sara Khan and Ali Merchant, who are already married.

The wedding has been mired in controversy after the brides parents claimed that Sara and Ali had married two years back.

“The issue is over and we have nothing to say,” Saras mother Seema Khan told when contacted Saturday.

Colors TV moves court against ‘Bigg Boss’ ouster from Lonavala

The Colors TV channel Friday moved the Bombay High Court against the Lonavala Municipal Councils (LMC) eviction orders to its reality show “Bigg Boss-4”.

A channel spokesperson said a writ petition has been filed with the Bombay High Court after the civic councils CEO Yogesh Godse served it a notice to stop the shooting of the show in Lonavala and vacate the premises.

The petition – in which the channel has sought a stay on the LMC order – is expected to come up for hearing later Friday, according to the channel spokesperson.

The LMC gave a jolt to Colors TV Thursday, ordering it to stop the shooting of “Bigg Boss-4” and move out of the premises as the channels documents were not in order.

In the notice, the LMC pointed out that despite repeated reminders, the channel had not submitted the requisite documents and maps of the property where the shooting is being done.

Accordingly, the permission and no-objection certificate for the shooting could not be granted, the notice added.

It ordered the channel management to immediately stop the shooting, failing it would initiate necessary legal proceedings.

“The channel has been told to pack up shooting today (Thursday) itself and move out of the hill station, as per our demands last week. We had objected to the presence of the two Pakistani celebrities on the show which has created a law and order problem here,” Prakash Porwal, Pune district treasurer of social worker Anna Hazares Bhrashtachar Virodhi Jan Andolan Nyas, told.

Porwal pointed out that the LMC had already issued permission and no-objection certificate to the channel for the shooting on the abandoned factory premises of Anti-Friction Bearings Company Ltd.

He claimed the civic councils move came after he served a notice to Yogesh Godse Oct 12, threatening to drag him to court for violating the provisions of change of user – by permitting the shooting for “Bigg Boss-4” – which goes against a Bombay High Court ruling.

“Some time ago, the Bombay High Court had ruled that change of user would not be permitted for any property in the towns jurisdiction. The venue where the shooting is being held is an old factory which has now been hired for commercial purposes. We have raised objections to this,” Porwal told.

Besides, Porwal added that the presence of the Bigg Boss team had shattered the peace and calm of the quiet hill-station, around 120 km from Mumbai.

The town has seen a shutdown, several protests by the Shiv Sena, and fortress-like security since more than a fortnight after the shooting for “Bigg Boss-4” started.