A district court here has issued a non-bailable warrant against Iqbal Mohammad, a former member of the state planning commission, and two others in connection with the firing incident at a toll plaza.
The warrant was issued yesterday against Iqbal, Adil Abidi and Samar Bahadur Singh by Chief Judicial Magistrate Satyadeo Gupta, who fixed Jun 25 as the next date of hearing.
Iqbal, a former member of the state planning commission having status of state minister, and his four associates had clashed with the employees of the toll plaza on June 8, 2015 and opened fire.
While Iqbal, Adil and Samar had fled the scene, his driver Rizwan and a private gunner Joginder were arrested by the police after the incident.
Subsequent investigations revealed that their Range Rover, which was seized by the police, did not have proper documents.
Investigations so far have revealed that SUV was registered in Haryana in a name of “whatapp son of ‘0’ (zero)”.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Abdul Hamid said the vehicle was registered in a fictitious name and the address does not exist. A team has been sent to Gurgaon for further probe, he said.