Director Aparna Sen, musician Rabbi Shergill and writer Ashok Vajpeyi will be among those who will gather Tuesday for a “cultural protest” against the life term of human rights activist Binayak Sen.Sen, whose bail plea was rejected by the Chhattisgarh High Court Feb 10, is at present held in a jail in Raipur. He was… Read more »
Posts Tagged: Binayak Sen
A court in Chattisgarh has rejected the bail application of Dr Binayak Sen. He was sentenced to life in prison in December after he was convicted of sedition on the basis of his alleged links to Naxals in the area. Binayak Sen’s wife, Ilena expressed her disappointment at today’s court order. She told NDTV, “We… Read more »
About 150 people marked the Martyrs Day Sunday by staging a protest in Mumbai as part of a nationwide agitation against the life imprisonment awarded to rights activist Binayak Sen. The group that included artists, activists and common people chanted slogans like “Shame on you, Chhattisgarh government” and “Free Dr. Binayak Sen”. Calling the judgment… Read more »
An eight-member team of European Union, which arrived here on Sunday night to witness Human rights activist Binayak Sen’s bail hearing tomorrow, faced protests from lawyers and ABVP workers who showed EU representatives black flags and shouted slogans against them. The team that arrived at the airport with eminent lawyer Ram Jethmalani, a BJP MP,… Read more »
The division bench of Chhattisgarh high court in Bilaspur on Friday sought case records of the trial court that awarded life imprisonment to rights activist Binayak Sen on December 24. The court had posted January 24 as the next date for hearing Sen’s bail application. The division bench has sought the record from the trial… Read more »
The Indian parliament should repeal the colonial-era sedition law which it said was employed to silence peaceful political dissent, Human Rights Watch said Thursday. And the Indian government should drop sedition cases against prominent activists such as Binayak Sen, Arundhati Roy and others, the US-based body said. In two recent cases, in New Delhi and… Read more »
Expressing anguish and dissent over the life imprisonment of rights activist Binayak Sen, city-based medical practitioners, professors and students Tuesday held a protest here and started a signature campaign demanding his release. Over 250 doctors and students who assembled under the banner ‘Doctors in Solidarity: Free Binayak Sen Campaign’ joined the protest. ‘Binayak Sen was… Read more »
Send News & Articles
Send your News & Articles to Publish in this website. For sending Articles & News CLICK HERE
- कहीं आपकी जन्म कुंडली में व्यभिचारी जीवनसाथी मिलने के योग तो नहीं?
- समाजवादी पार्टी की कलह पारिवारिक या राजनैतिक
- न विचार न सिद्धांत: केवल सत्ता महान?
- नेताजी के कुनबे में राजनीतिक भूचाल?
- केंद्र का भिखारियों के प्रति व्यक्त होता सम्मान
- हलाला ‘कानून और ‘तीन तलाक’ जैसे बर्बर कानूनको त्यागने में दिक्कत क्या है ?
- नवाज शरीफ ने भी दी भारत को हजार ज़ख्म देने के पुराने प्लान को फिर से हरी झंडी
- पाकिस्तान ने भारतीय टीवी चैनलों के प्रसारण पर लगाई रोक
- प्रधानमंत्री ने यह दिवाली सैनिकों को की समर्पित
- जम्मू-कश्मीर: पाक फ़ायरिंग में 1 बीएसएफ जवान शहीद
- एटीएम कार्ड से पेमेंट करते वक्त ऐसे करें पेमेंट तो नहीं होगा डाटा लीक
- डेबिट कार्ड सेंधमारी पर वित्त मंत्रालय ने मांगी रिपोर्ट
- पत्नी ललिता की कथित आत्महत्या मामले में कबड्डी खिलाड़ी रोहित गिरफ्तार
- J&K: 12