An Act further to amend the Central Road Fund Act, 2000.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-eighth Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement.
1. Short title and commencement. (1) This Act may be called the Central Road Fund (Amendment) Act, 2007.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. Amendment of section 9
2. Amendment of section 9 – In the Central Road Fund Act, 2000 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), in section 9, in sub-section (1), for clause (b), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:-
“(b) take such measures as may be necessary to raise funds for the development and maintenance of the national highways and for the development of rural roads;”.
3. Amendment of section 11.
3. Amendment of section 11. – In section 11 of the principal Act, after sub-section (1), the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:-
“Provided that the Central Government may use the share of the Fund under sub-clause (a) of clause (viii) of section 10 for the repayment of any loan taken for the purpose of development of rural roads in any State or Union territory.”.