An Act to confer on the President the power of the Legislature of the
State of Uttar Pradesh to make laws.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Forty-fourth Year of the
Republic of India as follows:–
1. Short title. (1) This Act may be called the Uttar Pradesh
State Legislature (Delegation of Powers) Act, 1993.2.Definition.
2. Definition. 2. In this Act, “Proclamation” means the
Proclamation issued on the 6th day of December, 1992, under article
356 of the Constitution, by the President, and published with the notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Home
Affairs No. G.S.R. 912 (E) of the said date.
2.3.Conferment on the President of the power of the State Legislature tomake laws.
3. Conferment on the President of the power of the State
Legislature to make laws. (1) The power of the Legislature of the
State of Uttar Pradesh to make laws, which has been declared by the
Proclamation to be exercisable by or under the authority of
Parliament, is hereby conferred on the President.
(2) In exercise of the said power, the President may, from time to time, whether Parliament is or is not in session, enact, as
Presidents Act, a Bill containing such provisions as he considers necessary:
Provided that before enacting any such Act, the President shall, whenever he considers it practicable to do so, consult a Committee constituted for the purpose, consisting of twenty members of the House of the People nominated by the Speaker and ten members of the Council of States nominated by the Chairman.
(3) Every Act enacted by the President under sub-section (2)
shall, as soon as may be after enactment, be laid before each House of
(4) Either House of Parliament may, by resolution passed within thirty days from the date on which the Act has been laid before it under sub-section (3), which period may be comprised in one session or in two successive sessions, direct any modifications to be made in the
Act and if the modifications are agreed to by the other House of
Parliament during the session in which the Act has been so laid before it or the session succeeding, such modifications shall be given effect to by the President by enacting an amending Act under sub-section (2):
Provided that nothing in this sub-section shall affect the validity of the Act or of any action taken thereunder before it is so amended.