An Act to give validity to the operation of the general
Regulations and Acts within the Dehra dun.
WHEREAS it is necessary to give validity to the operation of the general Regulations and Acts within the district under the
Superintendent of the Dehra Dun 1***; It is hereby enacted as follows:–
1.Extension of Regulations and Acts in force in Saharanpur to Dehra Dun.
1. Extension of Regulations and Acts in force in Saharanpur to
Dehra Dun. The Regulations and Acts now in force in the district
Saharanpur are hereby declared to extend to the said district of Dehra
2.Jurisdiction of High Court and Board of Revenue over Dehra Dun.
2. Jurisdiction of High Court and Board of Revenue over Dehra
Dun. The High Court and the Board of Revenue of 3*[Uttar Pradesh]
shall exercise 4*** respectively, in the said district, all the powers which the said High Court or Board of Revenue are at present, respectively, authorized to exercise in any part of 3*[Agra].
3.District Court of Saharanpur to be District Court of Dehra Dun.
3. District Court of Saharanpur to be District Court of Dehra
Dun. The District Court of Saharanpur shall be 5*** the District Court of such district until the State Government otherwise directs 6***.
4.Exemption of Jaunsar Bawar.
4. Exemption of Jaunsar Bawar. Nothing in this Act shall apply to that portion of the Dehra Dun district called 7*Jaunsar Bawar 8***.
1. The words “and to indemnify all officers and other persons who have acted in the said district under the said Regulations and Acts”
rep. by Act 16 of 1874.2. The words “and no judgment heretofore given, order passed or proceeding had in the said district, shall be deemed to have been or to be invalid merely because any Regulation or Act, under or in reference to which such judgment, order or proceeding was given, passed or had, was not in force at the time of such judgment, order or proceeding, or on the ground of a defect of jurisdiction in any Court or office “rep. by Act 12 of 1891.3. Subs. by the O. 1950, for “the North-Western Provinces”.
4. The words and shall be deemed to have been heretofore authorized to exercise” rep., ibid.
5. The words “deemed to have been heretofore the District Court of the said district of Dehra Dun and” rep., ibid.
6. The words “and may subject to the provisions of Act 6 of 1971, hear appeals from decisions given in the said district before the passing of this Act” rep. by Act 12 of 1891.7. “jaunsari Bawar” was one of the Scheduled Districts of the State of Uttar Pradesh, see the Scheduled Districts Act, 1874 (14 of 1874), First Schedule, Pt. IV, but has ceased to be so under the Constitution of India.
8. The words “and referred to in s. 11 of Act 24 of 1864” rep. by
Act 12 of 1891