Babu Jagjivan Ram Institute of Law

Address: Babu Jagjivan Ram Institute of Law
National Highway 25,
Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh

Information:-
Babu Jagjeevan Ram Law College, was established in the year 2001. It is situated in Bangalore,Karnataka. It is affiliated to Karnataka State Law University. Babu Jagjeevan Ram Law College, offers courses such as B.A LL. B. The Institute is well equipped with Library, Moot court room, Training and placements, Lecture Hall, Auditorium, Extra curricular activities. For more Information on Babu Jagjeevan Ram Law College

This seat of higher learning came into existence on August 26, 1975, vide Government of Uttar Pradesh Notification No. 10/1560/74 under the provision of the U.P. Universities Act. However, though belonging to the younger generation of the Indian Universities, the Bundelkhand University has fast transformed into a University of excellence offering opportunities to the aspiring youths to pursue higher education, applied research and Professional training according to their aptitude and potential.

Area Of Practice:
Banking & finance, Charity, Civil Litigation Dispute Resolution, commcial, Contruction, Consumer, corporate, Criminal, Employment, Enviromental, Family,
Housing, Human Rights, Immigration & Aslyum, Insurance, Intellectual Property (IP),Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence, Private silent,Property, Public Companies & Equity Finance, Restructing & Insolvency, Shipping, Social Welfare,Tax

Babu Jagjivan Ram Institute of Law is full service Law College

Vikramajit Singh Sanatan Dharma College

Address: Vikramajit Singh Sanatan Dharma College
Contact Person Dr. A. S. Bhatnagar (Principal)
Address VSSD College,
Nawabganj,
Kanpur, 208002
Uttar Pradesh

Phone 0512-2562613
Fax 0512-2563842
E-mail info@vssdcollege.ac.in
Website www.vssdcollege.ac.in

Faculty of Law at VSSD College was established in 1928. The Faculty currently consists of seven faculty members, five part-time lecturers and six technical & supportive staff members. Under the guidance of Dr. A S Bhatnagar, young & qualified faculty members are committed for academic as well as extra-curricular upliftment of students. In LLB course our student intake is 300. Students are admitted in first semester of the course on the basis of merit obtained in joint entrance test conducted by CSJM University Kanpur every year.

Our Faculty is having its own library in addition to a rich central library in the college. Faculty is having past journals since 1928. Many standard journals like, AIR, SCC, ALJ, LLT, CPR, Nyay Deep are available in the Faculty library. Faculty is also equipped with practical lab; i.e. Moot court room and computer facility.

Faculty members are using case study method, group discussions and interactive sessions in addition to well established traditional lecture method. In practical subjects, counseling in criminal legal matters, moot courts, seminars, Exhibitions, debates and court visits are used as tools in the study.

Vikramajit Singh Sanatan Dharma College is full service

DAV Law College Kanpur

Address: DAV Law College Kanpur
Civil Lines ,
Kanpur,
Uttar Pradesh, India – 208001

Phone No: 0512 – 2306687
Email: info@davcollegekanpur.org

Information:-
D.A-V. College, Kanpur was established in 1919.The college is accredited by B++ grade by NAAC. The college has shown tremendous potential for integrating the components necessary for success in work and life. Adopting knowledge management as a core discipline the college has transformed into a center in which rapid learning and innovation are both practiced and taught on an ongoing basis. D.A-V. College has been made proud by its illustrious alumni who have won accolades for their alma mater in all walks of life. The college is dedicated to nurturing talent and providing opportunities for all round development of their students.

The college hopes to play a lead role in capacity building of its students, preparing them for a pioneering and creative role in the development of the nation. It also hopes to maintain and improve the high standards set by its alumnae. D.A-V. College envisions itself as continuing to be amongst the best colleges in the country, continually updating its pedagogic strategies and course structures. At D.A-V they strive not only for academic excellence but also for nation building. D.A-V. College provides the finest preparation for careers in a global world order and for leadership in enhancing the quality of the world.

Brahmanand College Kanpur

Address: Brahmanand College Kanpur
Contact Person Dr. Vivek Kumar Dwivedi, Principal
Address Brahmanand College
The Mall, Kanpur
Uttar Pradesh, India

Phone +91-512-2330413
Fax 0512-2330413
Email bndkanpur@gmail.com
recuritment@brahmanandcollege.org
Website www.brahmanandcollege.org.in

Information:-
Brahmanand College, Kanpur was established in the year 1961 by Kanyakubja Education Trust. Initially, it was known as ‘Kanyakubja College’ which was later renamed as Brahmanad College in the memory of its founder Pt. Brahmanand Mishra in the year 1968.

The College was fortunate enough to avail the services of Pt. Kirishna Kumar Shukla who served the College as the founder principal. The College made tremendous progress under the dynamic leadership of the former principal Dr. Narendra Dwivedi.

Presently, the college consists the faculties of Science, Law & Commerce. Starting with just 49 Students, today the college is providing education to more than 4000 students.
The College is well known for its long tradation of teaching, academic standing and leadership building.

Vision

The college has a vision of a new world in which relationships are governed by the spirit of liberty, fraternity and equality.

Mission

We embark on the mission of creating individuals who are confident about their potential, diligent to work towards their goal, sensitive to their environment and above all co-creators of their own destiny. We are dedicated to serve the highest interest of nation building that can ensure vast synthesis of knowledge with harmonious perfection.

Objectives

i.
The college has to inculcate a self-sustaining and self-renewing system where learning becomes a way of life.

ii.
The college aims at developing in its alumni, a scientific temper, modern outlook and love for the motherland imbibing its culture, heritage and traditions besides imparting academic education.

iii.
To impart integral education, general as well as vocational to all, irrespective of caste, creed and colour in the atmosphere of purity, efficiency, discipline and fraternity.

iv.
To improve self confidence and creativity through participation and involvement in co-curricular activities.

v.
To promote national and global understanding and brotherhood.

University of Lucknow

Address: University of Lucknow
University Rd, Lucknow,
Uttar Pradesh 226007

Phone: 0522 274 0086
Email: General information: info@lkouniv.ac.in

Vision:
To develop human resource for furtherance of knowledge through teaching, research and innovation and ranked amongst the top educational institutions of the world for the better service to the humanity in general and our nation in particular.

Mission:-
The mission of the University is, to be a University driven by values enriched with diverse cultures, to promote economic, social and spiritual advancement for an egalitarian society.

Informaiton:The maintenance of a good library is a sin qua non for any progressive university, therefore, the then Canning College Library was converted into the University Central Library and thus the Tagore Library, the Central Library of the University of Lucknow came into existence with the establishment of the Lucknow University late in the year 1920.
Initially, Tagore Library was located in the old Bennet Hall and rooms between the verandha on the South – Western side of main Canning College building (now Faculty of Arts, main building). In 1924, the Library building was expanded with the inclusion of a separate Reading Room.
The plan of the new building for the library was prepared by Mr. Griffin, a noted architect and was explained in detail to the members of the Library Committee on December 10, 1935. The model for the two storied building was placed in the old library for the students and staff to make any suggestions for improvement or innovation in the plan. However, there was inordinate delay in approving the plan, which has sailed in rough weather for some time. The main architect Mr. Griffin died in the meantime.
Foundation stone of the new building (present building) was laid by the then Chancellor Sir Harry Haig in March 1937, but the start of construction work took quite some time. After the death of main architect Mr. Griffin, Mr. Narwekar was assigned the responsibility for the architectural portion and supervision of the work on payment of a sum of Rs. 2000/-. A sum of Rs. 1,50,000/- had been set apart for its construction by the University. It took a couple of years in completion of the building.
The Chancellor – Governor Sir M. Hallet, opened the new library building (the present library building) on April, 2nd 1941. While inaugurating the new building Sir M. Hallet referred to the great importance of a library in a modern University life as well as in National life.
Later on, the present library building was extended and the extended portion was inaugurated during the Golden Jubilee Function of the University on 9th March 1972, by the then President of India Sri V.V. Giri.

Dr. B R Ambedkar University

Address: Dr. B R Ambedkar University
Paliwal Park, Agra,
Uttar Pradesh 282004

Phone: 0562 282 0051
University Phone No.
(0562) – 2820051, 2852118, 2852136

University Fax
(0562)-2520052

mail-id
info@dbrau.ac.in

Inofrmation:-
The foundation of Dr B. R. Ambedkar University (originally known as Agra University) was laid on the 1st of July, 1927, as a result of hectic efforts of a band of enthusiastic educationists like Rev. Canon A.W. Davis, Munshi Narain Prasad Asthana, Dr L.P. Mathur, Lala Dewan Chand, Rai Bahadur Anand Swaroop and Dr Brajendra Swaroop,. Original jurisdiction of University extended over United Provinces of Agra, Central India and Rajputana with 14 affiliated colleges and 2530 students of which, 1475 students belonged to United Provinces. Initially, there were only four faculties in the University viz. Arts, Sciences, Commerce and Law. Faculties of Medicine (1936), Agriculture (1938), Home Science (1980), Basic Sciences (1981), Fine Arts (1982) and Management (1994) were added subsequently.

A decisive characteristic in influencing the education of an academic institution is the pursuit of excellence and consistent adherence to high standard in terms of imparting knowledge promoting research. During last eighty three years the University has endeavoured to keep adopting these high ideas and has established rich traditions and evolved respect from the intellectual community. University has sincerely served the cause of higher education in northern India. The ancient principle of integrating ethical and moral values in education has been the endeavour of the University. To inculcate these essential values in its students academicians have been assiduously trying to sharpen the content and curriculum of the University.

Dr Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University

Address: Dr Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University
Sec- D1, LDA Colony,
Kanpur Road, Scheme,
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226012

Phone: 0522 242 5902
Phone: Admin : +91-522-24 25 902, 903
Vice Chancellor : +91-522-24 22 855
Tele Fax : +91-522-24 22 841
E-mail : registrar@rmlnlu.ac.in

The year 1987 saw the beginnings of the tectonic shift in perceptions about law as a career from one of the least attractive careers, to one of the most sought after, with the establishment of the National Law School, Bangalore. It was a time of hope for the legal fraternity. The concept of a national institution to act as a pace-setter and a testing ground for bold experiments in legal education came up before the Bar Council of India in the context of the Council’s statutory responsibility for maintaining standards in professional legal education (under the Advocates Act).
Dr.Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, was established by an Act of Govt. of Uttar Pradesh in 2005, U.P. Act No.28 of 2005 and came into being on 4th of January 2006 to meet up the new challenges in legal field and to strengthen the vision that was given by the establishment of first National Law School of the country. Originally incorporated as ‘Dr.Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law Institute, Uttar Pradesh’ word ‘Institute’ was substituted by the ‘University’ later, vide an amendment in the Act in November 2006.This was done to give a comprehensive national character to the Institute on lines with the other premier National Law Universities of the Country.
The University, which is getting liberal grants from the State Government, is committed to provide excellent infrastructural facilities and environment to advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of law and legal process and to develop in the students and research scholars a sense of responsibilities to serve the society in the field of law by developing skills in advocacy, judicial and other legal services and legislation and the like. The present law has to meet the requirements of the society, which is entering into 21st Century. Law has to deal with problems of diverse magnitudes and a student of law and an Advocate has to be trained in Professional skills to meet the challenges of globalization and universalization of law. With the advent of multinationals in India as anywhere else, the task of lawyers would be highly technical and an imperative need would arise to have competent lawyers who would be trained in the right culture of Legal Education. This makes a sound case for introducing reforms in Legal Education, and we at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University aim at all these aspects.

Chaudhary Charan Singh University

Address: Chaudhary Charan Singh University
CCS University Main Rd,
Meerut, Uttar Pradesh 200005

Phone: 0121 276 3539

Information:-
Chaudhary Charan Singh University (formerly, Meerut University) was established in 1965, to cater to the needs of higher education in western Uttar Pradesh. The University celebrated its silver jubilee in 1991. Presently, it is one of the premier educational institutions of the country encompassing a vast, beautiful and pollution-free campus which sprawls over 222 acres of land having vast playgrounds and experimental fields, botanical garden, rose garden with life-size statue of the late Prime Minister Ch. Charan Singh, Gymnasium, Indoor Stadium, well equipped Library, Hostels for both girls and boys, Administrative Block, Spacious Auditorium, Guest House, Community Center, Medical Center, Residential

Quarters for faculty members and employees, Canteen, Bank and Post office. The teaching department belonging to different faculties, are housed in spacious buildings and have well-equipped laboratories and advanced facilities. The University also has a separate engineering college, which is currently offering courses leading to B.Tech. degree in several different branches of engineering

Initially, the M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes were started in 1969 taking credit of becoming first University in the country to introduce M.Phil. programme. In 1973, Post Graduate level courses were also introduced with the modernized syllabi. Since then, the University has been progressing at a steady rate. During the VIII five years plan, introduction of self-financed courses keeping in pace with the changing demands of the society and also for human resources development, were planned. Now, there are five faculties with 22 UGC sponsored and 35 selffinanced/job oriented courses being run in the campus. 252 professional colleges/institutions 109 colleges and one constituent college are affiliated to Chaudhary Charan Singh University.

Under the able leadership of the Vice Chancellor, a renowned innovative technologist and an established committed academic administrator, the university is offering a large number of new and innovative post-graduate, under-graduate, diploma, advanced diploma and postgraduate diploma courses under self-financed scheme in areas of Agricultural Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Journalism, Mass Communication and Multimedia Techniques, Earth Sciences, Teacher and Physical Education, Fine Arts, Legal Studies, Applied Sciences, Home Science, Business Studies, Geographical Information System (GIS) and Remote Censoring.

A distinct feature of the academic program is the semester system and continuous evolution of the students through quizzes, tests and seminars. The academic program exposes the students to practical aspects through computer labs, seminars, group discussions and lectures of experts invited from other institutions. The recognition of the university is due to the efforts of well-qualified and committed faculty members who have been providing quality education to postgraduate, M.Phil. and Ph.D. students. The University has also made a mark in the field of sports, and our students are second to none in their achievements.

Aligarh Muslim University

Address:- Aligarh Muslim University
Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh

Phone No: 0571 270 0935

PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICE
Dr. Rahat Abrar
Public Relations Officer
Phone: +91-571-2704182
FAX: 0571-2702607
E-mail: rahatabrar@gmail.com

TELEPHONE EXCHANGE
Telephone Exchange:2700920* (Pilot No. with hunting facility)
Main Console: 9
Console (Medical): 8

HEALTH SERVICES
Medical Superintendent JNMC: 2720016, Ext. 5600
C.M.O Incharge (U.H.S.) : 2701787, Ext. 4051
University Health Officer : 2701021, Ext. 1269

Information:-
The university grew out of the work of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, the great Muslim reformer and statesman, who in the aftermath of the Indian War of Independence of 1857 felt that it was important for Muslims to gain education and become involved in the public life and government services in India. Raja Jai Kishan helped Sir Syed in establishing the university

The British decision to replace the use of Persian in 1842 for government employment and as the language of Courts of Law caused deep anxiety among Muslims of the sub-continent. Sir Syed saw a need for Muslims to acquire proficiency in the English language and Western sciences if the community were to maintain its social and political clout, particularly in Northern India. He began to prepare foundation for the formation of a Muslim University by starting schools at Moradabad (1858) and Ghazipur (1863).His purpose for the establishment of the Scientific Society in 1864, in Aligarh was to translate Western works into Indian languages as a prelude to prepare the community to accept Western education and to inculcate scientific temperament among the Muslims. The intense desire to ameliorate the social conditions of Indian Muslims led Sir Syed to publish the periodical, ‘Tehzibul Akhlaq’ in 1870.

In 1877, Sir Syed founded the Muhammadan Anglo Oriental College in Aligarh and patterned the college after Oxford and Cambridge universities that he had visited on a trip to England. His objective was to build a college in tune with the British education system but without compromising its Islamic values. Sir Syed’s son, Syed Mahmood, who was an alumnus of Cambridge prepared a proposal for an independent university to the ‘Muhammadan Anglo-Oriental College Fund Committee’ upon his return from England in 1872. This proposal was adopted and subsequently modified. Syed Mahmood continued to work along with his father in founding the college.

It was one of the first purely residential educational institutions set up either by the government or the public in India. Over the years it gave rise to a new educated class of Indian Muslims who were active in the political system of the British Raj. When viceroy to India Lord Curzon visited the college in 1901, he praised the work which was carried on and called it of “sovereign importance”.

The college was originally affiliated with the University of Calcutta and subsequently got affiliated with the university of Allahabad in 1885. Near the turn of the century, the college began publishing its own magazine, The Aligarian, and established a Law School.

It was also around this time that a movement began to have it develop into a university. To achieve this goal, expansions were made and more academic programs added to the curriculum of the college. A school for girls was established in 1907. By 1920 the college was transformed into the Aligarh Muslim University.

Meerut College

Address: Meerut College
Meerut, Uttar Pradesh 250004

Contact No: 0121 – 2664303
Email: principal_mcm1892@ymail.com
Website: www.meerutcollege.org

Information:
Meerut was established in 1892. The college is catering to the higher education needs of both urban and rural areas. The college imparts education at the graduate and post graduate levels and has facilities for research in the faculties of arts, science, commerce, education and law. The main objective of the college is to give all round education to all the students making them academically excellent and socially committed citizens of the country. The aim is to remain at the forefront of centers of learning, teaching and research. The institution is unique in the sense that it not only caters to the higher education needs of urban as well as rural youth and always strives for academic excellence.

Meerut College is a state-funded college in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India. The college is affiliated to Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut. The college was established in 1892 and has a campus of 100 acres (0.40 km2).[1] It has been declared as one of 13 Colleges with Potential for Excellence in the state by the University Grants Commission.

Area Of Practice:
Banking & finance, Charity, Civil Litigation Dispute Resolution, commcial, Contruction, Consumer, corporate, Criminal, Employment, Enviromental, Family,
Housing, Human Rights, Immigration & Aslyum, Insurance, Intellectual Property (IP),Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence, Private silent,Property, Public Companies & Equity Finance, Restructing & Insolvency, Shipping, Social Welfare,Tax

Meerut College is full service of law college