IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAM Bail Appl..No. 3382 of 2008() 1. GEETHA, D/O.VIJAYAMMA, PUTHENCOTTA VEEDU ... Petitioner Vs 1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY PUBLIC ... Respondent For Petitioner :SRI.M.DINESH For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR The Hon'ble MRS. Justice K.HEMA Dated :27/05/2008 O R D E R K.HEMA, J ====================== B.A.No.3382 of 2008 ========================= Dated this the 27th day of May, 2008 ORDER
This is an application for bail.
2. According to the prosecution, 1.250 litres of Indian
Made Foreign Liquor was seized from the house of the petitioner
on 2.5.2008. The glass allegedly used for sale was also seized
and the petitioner was arrested. The offences alleged are under
Section 55(a) and (i) of the Abkari Act.
3. The petitioner is in custody from 2.5.2008 onwards.
It is submitted by learned counsel for the petitioner that the
petitioner is involved in another Crime No.25/2008 for the
similar offence of selling Indian Made Foreign Liquor.
4. The learned counsel appearing for the petitioner
submitted that the arrest was from the house of the petitioner
and the seizure was also from the house. The quantity of Indian
Made Foreign liquor is only permissible quantity. There is
nothing on record to show that sale was involved. The petitioner
is a woman and she is prepared to abide by any conditions.
5. Learned Public Prosecutor submitted that there is no
objection in granting bail on stringent conditions, ensuring that
the petitioner will not repeat the offence.
6. Bail is granted on the following conditions:
1) The petitioner shall execute a bond for Rs.10,000/-with
two solvent sureties each for the like sum to the
satisfaction of the Magistrate Court.
2) The petitioner shall report before the Investigating
Officer as and when directed.
3) If the petitioner gets involved in any offence of similar
nature, bail is liable to be cancelled.
This petition is allowed.