IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT MADRAS DATE: 10.04.2015 CORAM THE HONOURABLE MR.JUSTICE M.SATHYANARAYANAN W.P.No.10488 of 2015 and M.P.No.1 of 2015 J.Ramakrishnan .. Petitioner Versus 1.The District Collector, Uthagamandalam 643 001, Nilgiris District. 2.The Joint Registrar of Co-op. Societies, Uthagamandalam 643 001, Nilgiris District. 3.The Deputy Registrar of Co-op. Societies, Uthagamandalam 643 001. Nilgiris District. 4.S.Murthy @ Bheeman President J-127, Sholur Agricultural Co-op. Credit Society, Sholur Village, Nilgiris District. 5.The Secretary / Vice President, President J-127, Sholur Agricultural Co-op. Credit Society, Sholur Village, Nilgiris District. .. Respondents Prayer: This Writ Petition is filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India, seeking for a writ of mandamus, directing the 1st, 2nd and 3rd respondents herein to initiate appropriate legal action against the 4th and 5th respondents herein as per the representation dated 20.10.2014 for their dereliction of public duty in accordance with law. For Petitioner : Mr.J.Selvarajan For Respondents : Mr.D.Venkatachalam (for R1 to R3) Government Advocate O R D E R
By consent, the main writ petition itself is taken up for final disposal.
2. The petitioner along with one S.N.Parthiban, filed W.P.No.8607 if 2015 praying for issuance of writ of mandamus, directing the first respondent viz., The District Collector, Uthagamandalam, Nilgiris District and the 2nd respondent, viz., The Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies, Uthagamandalam, Nilgiris District, to take action against the respondents 4 and 5 in terms of their representation/complaint dated 16.03.2015 and this Court vide order dated 25.03.2015 has directed the second respondent to consider the complaint/representation of the petitioner dated 16.03.2015 and pass orders on merits and in accordance with law, on or before 30.03.2015 and in compliance of the order, the second respondent has also passed an order dated 28.03.2015 vide proceedings in Na.Ka.No.981/2014. The grievance expressed by the petitioner is that inspite of the said order, no action, is taken against the fourth and fifth respondent and therefore, came forward to file this writ petition.
3. Heard the submissions of Mr.J.Selvarajan, learned counsel appearing for the petitioner and Mr.D.Venkatachalam, learned Government Advocate, who accepts notice for the respondents 1 to 3 and he would submit that necessary action will be taken as per the proceedings of the second respondent dated 28.03.2015, within a period of two weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order and the said submission is placed on record.
4. In the result, the writ petition is disposed of and the third respondent is directed to take appropriate steps in terms of the order/proceedings of the second respondent dated 28.03.2015 made in Na.Ka.No.981 of 2014, within a period of two weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order, after putting the concerned persons on notice and inform the decision taken to the concerned parties. No costs. Consequently, the connected Miscellaneous Petition is closed.
1. The District Collector,
Uthagamandalam 643 001,
2. The Joint Registrar of Co-op. Societies,
Uthagamandalam 643 001,
3. The Deputy Registrar of Co-op. Societies,
Uthagamandalam 643 001.
W.P.No.10488 of 2015