Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No. 2940/IC(A)/2008 F. No. CIC/MA/A/2008/00767 Dated, the 25thJuly, 2008 Name of the Appellant : Mr. Ashok Raghoba Ambre Name of the Public Authority : Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. Facts
1. The appellant did not avail of the opportunity of personal hearing on
24.7.2008. The appeal is, therefore, examined on merit.
2. On perusal of the documents submitted by the appellant, it is observed that
the appellant has asked for the information relating to official and personal details of
respondent’s employees, who are identified in his application. The CPIO has
refused to furnish the information u/s 8 (1) (j) of the Act. Being not satisfied with the
response, the appellant has pleaded that the employee’s details as asked for should
be furnished to him.
3. The CPIO has furnished a point-wise response. He has, however, refused to
provide the personal and official details of identified employees u/s 8 (1) (j) of the
Act, which is justified. The appellant has not indicated as to what is the public
interest in disclosure of personal details of his own colleagues.
4. The appeal was unnecessary and is thus disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissioner
Authenticated true copy:
(M.C. Sharma) 1
If you don’t ask, you don’t get – Mahatma Gandhi
Name and address of parties:
1. Mr. Ashok Raghoba Ambre, 4, Yashwant Bhagat Chawl, Vijay Nagar,
Ayre Gaon, Dombivli (East), Distt- Thane, Pin – 421 201.
2. Mr. N.S.J. Rao, General Manager (Operations) & CPIO, Hindustan
Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Mumbai Refinery, P.O.Box NO. 18820, B.D.
Patil Marg, Mahul, Mumbai – 400 074. (Ref:No. RTI &
WEB/NSJR/08/2008 dated 22.7.2008).
All men by nature desire to know – Aristotle