Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No.5376/IC(A)/2010 F. Nos.CIC/MA/A/2010/000055 CIC/MA/A/2010/000057 CIC/MA/A/2010/000058 Dated, the 30th April, 2010 Name of the Appellant: Shri. Biswanath Paul Name of the Public Authority: 1) I.O.C.L. 2) B.P.C.L. 3) H.P.C.L. Facts
1. The appeals were scheduled for hearing on 30-4-2010. But, the appellant
did not avail of this opportunity. The appeals are, therefore, examined on merit.
2. On perusal of the documents submitted by the appellant it is noted that he
has submitted identical applications to the above respondent OMCs. In his
application he has sought to know the details of policy on declaration of Retail
Outlets as permanent/temporary COCO, information relating to SC/ST LOI
holders and the details of ad-hoc dealerships, etc.
3. The CPIOs of all the respondents have replied with which he is not
satisfied. Hence, these appeals before the Commission.
4. The appellant has not clearly indicated as to which information has been
refused to him. An information seeker is expected to ask for information as per
section 2(f) of the Act, which requires that the information should be available in
any material form. The appellant is accordingly advised to clearly specify the
required information. If necessary, he should seek inspection of the records as
per section 2(j) of the Act so as to identify the required information which should
be furnished to him as per the provisions of the Act.
“If you don’t ask, you don’t get.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. The appellant is accordingly advised and the appeals are thus disposed
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissionerii
Authenticated true copy:
Name & address of Parties:
1. Sh. Biswanath Paul, 26/4 Kabi Nabin Sen Road, Kolkata – 700 028.
2. Sh. P.K. Julka, CPIO, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Indian Oil Bhavan,
G-9, Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra 9East), Mumbai – 400 051.
3. Sh. Gautam Datta, Appelalte Authority, Indian Oil Corporation Limited,
Indian Oil Bhavan, G-9, Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra 9East), Mumbai –
4. Sh. Vinod Giri, CPIO, Bharat Petroleum Corpn. Ltd., Bharat Bhavan, 4 & 6
Currimbhoy Road, Ballard Estate, Mumbai – 400 001.
5. Sh. S. Mohan, Appellate Authority, Bharat Petroleum Corpn. Ltd., Bharat
Bhavan, 4 & 6 Currimbhoy Road, Ballard Estate, Mumbai – 400 001.
6. Sh. H.R. Wate, CPIO, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, 8 Shoorji
Vallabhdas Marg, P. N. No.155, Mumbai 400 001.
7. The Appellate Authority, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, 8
Shoorji Vallabhdas Marg, P. N. No.155, Mumbai 400 001.
“All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle