CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION CLUB BUILDING (NEAR POST OFFICE) OLD JNU CAMPUS, NEW DELHI110 067 TEL: 01126179548 Decision No.CIC/AD/A/2012/003432/VS/06314 Appeal No.CIC/AD/A/2012/003432/VS Dated: 28.02.2014 Appellant: Shri Tushar Maheshwari, R/o 1,Shantinagar College Road, Opp. Jadavji Nagar, BhujGujarat. Respondent: Public Information Officer, Dy. C.C.O., Western Railway, O/o Chief Commercial Manager, IIIrd Flr, Station Bldg., Churchgate, Mumbai20. Date of Hearing: 28.02.2014 ORDER
1. The appellant filed an RTI application on 28.06.2012 seeking information
pertaining to a certain application for refund of claim.
2. The CPIO responded on 17.07.2012. The appellant filed his first appeal on
21.07.012 with the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA responded on 09.08.2012
and upheld the decision of CPIO. The appellant filed a second appeal on 16.10.2012
with the Commission.
3. The appellant and the respondent both participated in the hearing through
4. The appellant referred to his RTI application of 28.06.2012 and stated that he
had made an application on 29.05.2006 to the respondent for refund of claim but no
action has been taken by the respondent so far.
5. The respondent stated that the CPIO in his reply to the appellant on 17.7.2012
has informed that the subject case pertained to the year 2006 and the respondent
organization is keeping the records up to 3 years only. The respondent stated that as per
record keeping book of the railways, their commercial department had kept this record
for only 3 years.
6. What emerged from the hearing was that the respondent will send a copy of
the rule of the record keeping book of the railways to the appellant in context of the RTI
7.The respondent is directed to provide to the appellant, within 30 days of this order, a
copy of the record retention norms along with any other rules pertinent to the RTI
The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the
Authenticated true copy