IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAM Bail Appl..No. 301 of 2009() 1. RAJU, S/O. RAVEENDRAN, ... Petitioner Vs 1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE ... Respondent For Petitioner :SRI.K.V.ANIL KUMAR For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR The Hon'ble MRS. Justice K.HEMA Dated :23/01/2009 O R D E R K. HEMA, J. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= B.A. No. 301 of 2009 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Dated this the 23rd day of January,2009 O R D E R
Petition for bail.
2. The alleged offence is under section 8(2) of the Abkari Act.
According to prosecution, petitioner was found in possession of five
litres of arrack on 8-1-2009 and he was arrested from the spot.
Learned Public Prosecutor submitted that he has no objection in
granting bail on conditions.
3. On hearing both sides, I am satisfied that bail can be
granted to petitioner on conditions.
4. Hence, petitioner shall be released on bail on his executing
a bond for Rs.25,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like
amount to the satisfaction of the learned Magistrate, on the following
1) Petitioner shall report before the Investigating
Officer on every Monday and Thursday
between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. until further
2) Petitioner shall not commit any offence while
on bail and in case breach of this condition,
bail is liable to be cancelled.
This petition is allowed.