Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No.3524/IC(A)/2008 F. No.CIC/MA/A/2008/01504 Dated, the 26th December, 2008 Name of the Appellant: Sh. V. Krishnamurthy Name of the Public Authority: I.O.C.L. i Facts
1. The appellant did not avail of the opportunity of personal hearing on
22/12/2008. The appeal is, therefore, examined on merit.
2. On perusal of the documents submitted by the appellant, it is observed
that he has sought to know the details of procedure followed by the respondent
for delivery of LPG cylinders.
3. The CPIO has duly replied and furnished a point-wise response. There is,
however, no denial of information.
4. As the CPIO has duly replied and furnished a point-wise response and
that the appellant has not responded to the notice for hearing, it is presumed that
he is satisfied with the information furnished to him.
5. In case he has any grievances relating to delivery of services by the
respondent, he is advised to approach the Grievance Forum for redressal of his
“If you don’t ask, you don’t get.” – Mahatma Gandhi
6. With these observations, the appeal is disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissioner ii
Authenticated true copy:
Name & address of Parties:
1. Shri. V. Krishnamurthy, 89 Muthiah Nagar, Samiyam, Anaikaranchatram,
Nagai Dt. Tamil Nadu- 609 102.
2. The CPIO, IOCL (Marketing Division), TN State Office, 139, M.G. Road,
Chennai – 600 034.
3. The Executive Director (HR), IOCL, Marketing Division Head Office, Indian
Oil Bhavan, G-9 Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051.
“All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle