Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No.5077/IC(A)/2010 F. No.CIC/MA/A/2009/000861 Dated, the 29th January, 2010 Name of the Appellant: Shri. Abhi Chopta Name of the Public Authority: Steel Authority of India Ltd. i Facts
1. Both the parties were heard on 28/1/2010.
2. The appellant has an MoU with the respondent for purchase of Steel
materials. In this context, he has sought to know as to why certain consignments
were not supplied to his Company, M/s Enicar Machine (India).
3. In the course of hearing, it emerged that the CPIO has duly replied and
furnished the information. There is, however, no denial of information. It also
emerged that there are reports of alleged mal-practices against the appellant
because of which the consignment in question was not supplied to the appellant.
The CPIO also stated that the respondent is a commercial organisation and the
appellant was not lifting up adequate supplies from the stockyard, as a result of
which commercial interest of the respondent was adversely affected.
4. The CPIO has furnished the information on the basis of available records.
And, during the hearing, the CPIO also stated that there are reports of alleged
mal-practices against the appellant, which are under investigations.
5. As agreed between the parties, the CPIO would suitably respond and
indicate the reasons for non-supply of the consignment in question, within 15
working days from the date of issue of this decision.
“If you don’t ask, you don’t get.” – Mahatma Gandhi
6. Since there is no denial of information and that there are no provisions
under the Act for redressal of grievances of the clients of the respondent, this
appeal is considered unnecessary and is thus disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissioner ii
Authenticated true copy:
Name & address of Parties:
1. Sh. Abhi Chopta, Street No.5, House No.2, Shanti Niketan, New Delhi –
2. Sh. B. Bhakat, CPIO, Steel Authority of India Ltd., Central Marketing
Organisation, P.R. Department, Ispat Bhawan, 40 Jawaharlal Nehru Road,
Kolkata – 700 071.
3. Sh. Ajit Sinha, Appellate Authority, Steel Authority of India Ltd., Central
Marketing Organisation, P.R. Department, Ispat Bhawan, 40 Jawaharlal
Nehru Road, Kolkata – 700 071.
“All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle