Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No.5877/IC(A)/2010 F. No.CIC/MA/A/2010/000572 Dated, the, 8th September, 2010 Name of the Appellant: Shri. Ashok Kumar Gadhyan Name of the Public Authority: Intellectual Property Office Facts
1. The appeal was scheduled for hearing on 8/9/2010. But, the appellant did
not avail of the opportunity of personal hearing. The appeal is, therefore,
examined on merit.
2. On perusal of the documents submitted by the appellant, it is noted that
the CPIO and the Appellate Authority have duly replied and furnished the
information on the basis of available records. The appellant is, however, not
satisfied. Hence, this appeal before the Commission.
3. As there is no denial of information u/s 8(1) of the Act, the appellant is
advised to seek inspection of the relevant documents so as to satisfy himself with
the availability of the required information. The appellant is accordingly advised
and this appeal is thus disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissionerii
ii “If you don’t ask, you don’t get.” – Mahatma Gandhi
i “All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle
Authenticated true copy:
Name & address of Parties:
1. Shri. Ashok Kumar Gadhyan, Ashok Chemicals, P.O.-Chirkunda – 828
202, Dist.- Dhanbad (Jharkhand).
2. Shri. R.A. Tiwari, CPIO, rade Marks Registry Branch, Intellectual Property
Office Building, CP. – 2, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091.
3. Shri. P.K. Patni, Appellate Authority, Trade Marks Registry, Intellectual
Property Office Building, Plot No.32, Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110