Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No.5078/IC(A)/2010 F. No.CIC/MA/A/2009/000867 Dated, the 29th January, 2010 Name of the Appellant: Shri. Chaudhary Phool Singh Jatav Name of the Public Authority: I.O.C.L. i Facts
1. The appellant was heard on 28/1/2010.
2. The appellant has stated that he has sought for information relating to the
action taken by the respondent against the following LPG dealers, which have
indulged in mal-practices:
(i) Passi Gas Service
(ii) Meerut Gas Service
(iii) Bijal Gas Service
(iv) Badowth Gas Service
3. The appellant stated that the Commission’s Decision No.4689/IC(A)/2009
dated 11th November 2009, in which the following observations were made, have
not been complied with:
“Para-6. The CPIO has duly replied and indicated, on the basis of the
investigation of complaint, that penalty has already been imposed against
the erring dealer. The remaining complaints are under investigation, as
stated by the CPIO. It was agreed that the appellant would re-submit a
copy of the complaint to the concerned PIO, Shri. Y.K. Gupta, DGM
(Retail sales), NOIDA, who would furnish the information relating to the
progress made in respect of each complaint within one month from the
date of receipt of copies of complaint from the appellant. The appellant is
expected to cooperate with the investigating officers in the matter.
“If you don’t ask, you don’t get.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Para-7. A copy of the investigation report, along with the action taken
against the concerned dealer(s) should be furnished and put in public
(Decision No.4689/IC(A)/2009 dated 11/11/2009)
4. The appellant pleaded that a copy of the action taken report, on the basis
of investigation of complaints submitted by him, should be furnished to him.
5. The CPIO is directed to furnish a copy of the investigation report and the
action taken thereon, if any, against the above mentioned LPG dealers, within
one month from the date of receipt of this decision.
6. The appeal is thus disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissioner ii
Authenticated true copy:
Name & address of Parties:
1. Sh. Chaudhury Phool Singh Jatav, Holi Chowk, Khatauli, Dist.
2. Sh. Indrajit Bose, CPIO, IOCL, Marketing Division, UPSO-II, E-8, Sector-I,
NOIDA – 201 301.
3. Sh. Gaugtam Datta, Appelalte Authority, IOCL, Indian Oil Bhawan, G-9 Ali
Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra (E), Mumbai -400 051.
“All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle