Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No.5080/IC(A)/2010 F. No.CIC/MA/A/2009/000863 Dated, the 29th January, 2010 Name of the Appellant: Shri. Irshad Khan Name of the Public Authority: IOCL i Facts
1. The appeal was scheduled for hearing on 28/1/2010. But, the appellant
did not avail of the opportunity of personal hearing. The appeal is, therefore,
examined on merit.
2. In response to the RTI application for information relating to the details of
domestic and commercial customers, the CPIO has furnished partial information
while the remaining information mainly, the details of commercial customers, has
been refused u/s 8(1)(d) of the Act. Being dissatisfied with the CPIO’ s response,
the appellant has pleaded for providing complete information.
3. The CPIO has provided a point-wise response and furnished the
information, on the basis of available records. The information relating to the
commercial customers have been refused u/s 8(1)(d) of the Act, on the ground
that the disclosure of the information would affect the competitiveness of the
“If you don’t ask, you don’t get.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. The appellant has, however, not indicated as to what is the public interest
in disclosure of the details of commercial customers nor he has indicated as to
how he is affected in the matter. This appeal is therefore considered
unnecessary and is thus disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissioner ii
Authenticated true copy:
Name & address of Parties:
1. Sh. Irshad Khan, B-24, Vikram Nagar, New Delhi – 110 002.
2. Sh. S.S. Bapat, CPIO, IOCL, World Trade Centre, Babar Road, New Delhi
– 110 001.
3. Sh. Gautam Datta, Appellate Authority, IOCL, Indian Oil Bhawan, G-9, Ali
Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400 051.
“All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle