Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No. 5692/IC(A)/2010 F. No.CIC/MA/A/2010/000349 Dated, the 4th August, 2010 Name of the Appellant : Shri Kaneyalal Bhikambhai Kansara Name of the Public Authority : MMTC Limited Facts
1. The appeal was scheduled for hearing on 4th August, 2010, but the
appellant did not avail of the opportunity of personal hearing. The appeal is
therefore examined on merit.
2. On perusal of the documents submitted by the appellant, it is noted that
the CPIO has furnished a point-wise response in respect of various queries made
by the appellant regarding settlement of retirement benefits. Even though there is
no denial of information u/s 8 (1) of the Act, the appellant is not satisfied with
CPIO’s response, hence this appeal before the Commission.
3. The appellant has not indicated as to which information has been refused
to him. Since there is no denial of information and that there are no provisions
under the Act for redressal of grievances regarding service matters, this appeal is
considered unnecessary and is thus disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissioneri
Authenticated true copy:
“All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle
Name & address of Parties:
1. Shri Kaneyalal Bhikambhai Kansara, Flat No. 16, III Floor, Sahakar Nagar,
Near Apna Bazar, Andheri (W) Mumbai-400 053.
2. Shri Rajeev Jaideva, CGM (P&A) & CPIO, MMTC Limited, Core-1, Scope
Complex, 7, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.