Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No.5902/IC(A)/2010 F. No.CIC/MA/C/2010/000201 Dated, the 13th September, 2010 Name of the Appellant: Shri. Lal Mani Singh Name of the Public Authority: Bharat Petroleum Corpn. Ltd. Decision: i 1.
The complainant has alleged that the CPIO has not furnished the
information asked for. He has, therefore, pleaded for providing the information.
2. The CPIO is directed to furnish the information on the basis of available
records within 15 working days from the date of receipt of this decision, failing
which penalty proceedings u/s 20(1) of the Act would be initiated. If any
information is refused u/s 8(1) of the Act, the grounds for denial of information
should be clearly indicated for review, if necessary, by the Commission.
3. The complainant is advised to re-submit a copy of his RTI application, for
ready reference, to the concerned CPIO, who may be the custodian of
information. He should ensure that the required information is clearly specified
as per section 2(f) of the Act, which requires that the information should be
available in any material form. He ought not make attempts to elicit views and
ii “If you don’t ask, you don’t get.” – Mahatma Gandhi
opinion of the CPIO through various forms of queries, as such queries are not
covered under the definition of information.
4. With these observations, the complaint is disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissionerii
Authenticated true copy:
Name & address of Parties:
1. Shri. Lal Mani Singh, VPO: Mahuari, Sakarpura Bakhri, Dist: Begusari
2. The CPIO, BPCL, Bharat Bhawan, Plot No.31, K.I.T. Scheem No.118,
Prince Gulam Md. Shah Road, Golf Greem, Kolkata – 700 095.
3. The Appellate Authority, BPCL, Bharat Bhawan, Plot No.31, K.I.T.
Scheem No.118, Prince Gulam Md. Shah Road, Golf Greem, Kolkata –
i “All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle