Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No.4074/IC(A)/2009 F. No.CIC/MA/A/2009/000367 Dated, the 24th June, 2009 Name of the Appellant: Shri. Prithviraj Rajpurohit Name of the Public Authority: I.O.C.L. i Facts
1. The appeal was scheduled for hearing on 24/6/2009. The appellant,
however, could not avail of this opportunity. The appeal is, therefore, examined
2. In response to the application for information, the CPIO has furnished a
point-wise response. A part of the information, relating to an on-going dispute
pending in the Court for adjudication, has been refused to him u/s 8(1)(d) of the
Act. Being not satisfied with the response, the appellant has pleaded for
providing complete information.
3. The CPIO has replied and furnished a large part of information, while the
remaining information relating to a petition filed in the Court has been refused u/s
8(1)(d) of the Act. The appellant has neither responded to the notice for hearing
nor he has indicated as to how he is affected in the case or as to what is the
“If you don’t ask, you don’t get.” – Mahatma Gandhi
public interest in disclosure of information, this appeal is therefore considered
unnecessary and is thus disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissioner ii
Authenticated true copy:
Name & address of Parties:
1. Shri. Prithviraj Rajpurohit, 141, Pratap Bazaar, Rani, Dist. Pali (Rajasthan)
2. Shri. Gautam Bose, GM & CPIO, IOCL, Marketing Division, Rajasthan
State Office, Ashok Chowk, Adarsh Nagar, Jaipur – 302 004.
3. Shri. Gautam Datta, ED & Appellate Authority, IOCL, G-9 Ali Yavar Jung
Marg, Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400 051.
“All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle