Central Information Commission 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066 Website: www.cic.gov.in Decision No. 3596/IC(A)/2008 F. No. CIC/MA/A/2008/01562 Dated, the 15th January, 2009 Name of the Appellant : Shri Saroj Kumar Devangan Name of the Public Authority : Bhilai Steel Plant (SAIL) 1 Facts
1. The appellant did not avail of the opportunity of personal hearing on
15.01.2009. The appeal is therefore examined on merit.
2. The appellant has asked for personal and official information relating to an
employee of the respondent. The CPIO has refused to furnish the information u/s
8 (1) (j) of the Act on the ground that the information asked for is personal and
that it pertains to more than ten years old, which is not maintained as per the
record retention policy.
3. An information which is not maintained as per record retention schedule,
cannot be furnished. The appellant has neither responded to the notice for
hearing nor indicated as to how he is affected in the matter, it is therefore
presumed that he is no more interested to pursue the matter.
If you don’t ask, you don’t get – Mahatma Gandhi
4. This appeal was unnecessary and is thus disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
Central Information Commissioner
Authenticated true copy:
Name and address of parties: 2
1. Shri Saroj Kumar Devangan, Pathraguda Rahman Gali, Ward No. 5,
Jagdalpur, District Bastar, Chhattisgarh.
2. Ms. Nisha Soni, CPIO & Asstt. General Manager, Bhilai Steel Plant, SAIL,
2nd Floor, Ispat Bhavan, Bhilai-490001, Chhattisgarh.
All men by nature desire to know – Aristotle