Central Information Commission CIC/OP/C/2009/000070-AD Dated January 29, 2010 Name of the Applicant : Shri Sunil Malhotra Name of the Public Authority : NR DRM Office, New Delhi Background
1. The Applicant filed an RTI application dt.24.11.08 with the General Manager, Northern
Railway, Baroda House requesting for information against 4 points related to basis of
Licence fee being taking from the Vending Contractors at Railway Stations in
Ferozepur, Delhi and Ambala Divisions from 1999 to till date, etc. The Sr.Divisional
Commercial Manager, Northern Railway, DRM Office, New Delhi replied on 19.12.08
furnishing point vise information. Not satisfied with the reply, the Applicant filed a
complaint dt.7.1.09 before the CIC.
2. The Bench of Mrs. Annapurna Dixit, Information Commissioner, scheduled the hearing
for January 29, 2010.
3. Both the Applicant and the Respondent were not present for the hearing.
4. The Commission after review of the information provided holds that available
information has been furnished to the Appellant and also directs the PIO to transfer
the RTI application to IRCTC, so that any missing information reaches the Appellant by
28 February, 2010, from IRCTC.
5. The appeal is accordingly disposed off.
Authenticated true copy:
1. Shri Sunil Malhotra
H.No.39-G, Kitchlu Nagar
Ludhiana 141 001
2. The PIO
Divisional Railway Manager’s Office
State Entry Road
3. Officer incharge, NIC
4. Press E Group, CIC