Central Information Commission CIC/AD/A/2009/001696 Dated March 8, 2010 Name of the Applicant : Shri Umesh Chandra Rathi Name of the Public Authority : Northern Railway HQ, New Delhi Background
1. The Applicant filed an RTI application dt.27.6.09 with the PIO, Northern Railway HQ,
New Delhi requesting for information against 3 points with regard to General
Conditions of Contract. Shri Rajiv Saxena replied on 13.8.09 furnishing point wise
information. Not satisfied with the reply, the Applicant filed an appeal dt.8.9.09 with
the Appellate Authority. Shri A.K.S.Shaiwal, Dy.CE/General replied on 13.10.09
enclosing the copies of all correction slips of General Conditions of Contract. Still
aggrieved with the reply, the Applicant filed a second appeal dt.3.11.09 before CIC.
2. The Bench of Mrs. Annapurna Dixit, Information Commissioner, scheduled the hearing
for March 8, 2010.
3. Shri A.K.S.Shaiwal, CPIO and Ms.Aashima Mehrotra, DGM/Law/NR represented the
4. The Applicant was present during the hearing.
5. The Applicant stated during the hearing that as per clause 63 of the GCC some items
can be referred for arbitration in the case of a dispute while others cannot and wanted
to know, as sought in point 2 of his RTI application, whether there is any other clause
in the GCC that deals with items which cannot be referred to an arbitrator. The
Respondents submitted that there is no such clause other than 63 dealing with the
said issue. The Appellant, however, wanted the information to be provided to him in
6. The information should reach the Appellant by 8.4.10 and the Appellant to submit a
compliance report to the Commission by 15.4.10.
7. The appeal is accordingly disposed of.
Authenticated true copy:
1. Shri Umesh Chandra Rathi
S/o Shri Brajmohan Rathi
Mohalla Chowk Bohran Diboi
Bulandshahar 202 393
2. The PIO
3. The Appellate Authority
4. Officer incharge, NIC
5. Press E Group, CIC