Central Information Commission CIC/OP/C/2009/000036-AD Dated December 21, 2009 Name of the Applicant : Shri Upendra Paswan Name of the Public Authority : SER, Kolkata Background
1. The Applicant filed an RTI application dt.7.11.08 with the PIO, SER, Kolkata
requesting for information against 5 points with regard to his promotion to the
post of Rajabhasa Supdt. Grade-I. Ms. Kanwal Sachdev, PIO replied on 1.1.09
furnishing point wise information. Not satisfied with the reply, the applicant filed
a complaint dt.29.1.09 before the CIC.
2. The Bench of Mrs. Annapurna Dixit, Information Commissioner, scheduled the
hearing for December 21, 2009.
3. Shri D.Chandra, CPIO & Shri B.N. Soren, Dy.CPO, SER, Kolkata represented the
4. The Complainant was not present during the hearing.
5. During the hearing Shri Soren submitted that there are 9 posts of Rajabhasa
Supdt. Grade-I which the Railway Board, who is not the cadre dealing office,
reported as 10 by mistake to the Complainant.
6. The Commission on review of the information provided noted that the CPIO has
provided clarification with regard to the 9 posts that have been cadre based and
holds that all relevant information has been provided. However, in the interest
of the Complainant , the Commission recommends that PIO give a personal
hearing to the Complainant .
7. The appeal is accordingly disposed of.
Authenticated true copy:
1. Shri Upendra Paswan
Railway Quarters No.DS-80/G
PO – Adra
Purulia 723 121
2. The PIO
South Eastern Railway
O/o Chief Personnel Officer
11 Garden Reach Road
Kolkata 700 043
3. Officer incharge, NIC
4. Press E Group, CIC