Blackbuck poaching case: Salman Khan skips local court hearing

Actor Salman Khan on Friday did not appear before a local court here in connection with the blackbuck poaching case.

Khan’s counsel moved two applications in the court, one for his exemption from the court on Friday and the other for permanent exemption from personal appearance.

The court accepted the application for exemption from appearing today and posted the matter for hearing on the second application of permanent exemption on December 19, Hastimal Saraswat, counsel for Salman Khan told reporters.

He said the ground for not appearing on Friday was his engagement in a film’s shooting.

A gangster has threatened to kill Salman by posting a death threat on Facebook.

Salman Khan had filed a plea against his conviction by a lower court, which had sentenced him to five years in jail.

During a hearing on July 4, Sessions Court Judge Chandra Kumar Songara had directed him to appear before the court on September 27, failing which his bail plea may be cancelled.

Khan is accused of killing two blackbucks during the shooting of a film in Jodhpur in 1998.

Salman Khan Won’t require permission to go to abroad: Jodhpur Court

Jaipur:  A sessions court in Jodhpur granted Bollywood actor Salman Khan not be required to take permission every time he travels abroad.

The Jodhpur sessions court granted the permission while an application moved by him in this regard. We had moved an application seeking permanent exemption for Khan from taking permission of the court every time he has to travel abroad. The court allowed the application,” said the actor’s counsel Hastimal Saraswat.

However, ‘BHAI’ of bollywood  will have to provide detailed information to keep the court informed of any such plans before leaving the country including dates, location and the stay.

Judge hearing Salman Khan’s bail plea transferred

A district and sessions judge, who was supposed to pronounce order on Salman Khan’s application for bail and suspension of sentence in 1998 black buck poaching case, has been transferred as part of a reshuffle.

In a late night development, Sessions Judge Ravindra Kumar Joshi has been transferred to Sirohi, as per an order of the Rajasthan High Court.

Chandra Kumar Songara will be replacing him in Jodhpur’s sessions court.

Joshi is among 134 judges transferred by the Registrar General of the High Court.

The actor, who was on Thursday convicted by a trial court and sentenced to five years in prison in the black buck poaching case, has spent two nights in the Jodhpur Central Jail so far.

The sessions court yesterday reserved its decision on Bollywood superstar Salman Khan’s bail plea for today and had called for the records of the case from the trial court.

The district and sessions court heard arguments on the suspension of sentence and bail application before deferring the matter till today.

But now, the chances are feeble of the departing judge proceeding further in the matter, one of the prosecution counsels Mahipal Bishnoi said.

But according to legal experts, the sitting judge has a time of seven days to get himself relieved and if he does so, the judge can proceed with the decision on Khan’s application today itself.

“If he refuses to decide the application today, the defence could seek refuge of the link court which is the ADJ court, Bishnoi said.

In another development, Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri, who had sentenced Khan to five years in jail, has also been replaced by another magistrate. Khatri has been put on awaiting posting orders.

Salman Khan Convicted & Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment In Blackbuck Poaching Case

A Jodhpur trial court today convicted Salman Khan, in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case. However, the other accused, Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam and Sonali Bendre have been acquitted.

Salman has been convicted under Section 51 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, and has been sentenced to 2 years in jail. However he is likely to be granted bail today itself.

It should be noted that blackbuck is an endangered species protected under Schedule 1 of the Indian Wildlife Act.Apart from the actors, there are two other accused in the case – travel agent Dushyant Singh and Dinesh Gawre, Salman’s assistant at the time. Gawre is still absconding.

Back in 2006, Salman was convicted in one of the cases and was sentenced to five years in jail. While the actor spent a week in jail, the sentence was suspended by the Rajasthan High Court.

As reported, Bishnoi Sabha, which had filed the blackbuck poaching case, has now decided to appeal against the acquittal of the four co-accused in the case.

 

Verdict in the 1998 black buck poaching case against actor Salman Khan on April 5

A Jodhpur court will announce on April 5 the verdict in the 1998 black buck poaching case against actor Salman Khan.

The court of the chief judicial magistrate (Jodhpur Rural), where the trial of the case has been in progress for the last 19 years, reserved the judgment today after the final arguments.

Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri reserved the order to be pronounced on April 5 in the presence of Khan and other accused, including a local, Dushyant Singh.

Khan’s counsel H M Saraswat said the final arguments in the case began on September 13 last year with the prosecution counsel citing the statements of the eyewitnesses of the case.

“After the completion of the prosecution’s arguments on October 23, we began our arguments on October 28 last year and completed on February 4,” he said.

After this, the counsels for the co-accused began their arguments, which completed on March 24, he said.

Khan was accused of killing two black bucks on October 2, 1998 in Kankani village in Jodhpur during the shooting of “Hum Saath Saath Hain”.

He was acquitted in two poaching cases by the high court and in a case under Arms Act by the lower court.

Court seeks status report on plea for FIR against Salman

 A Delhi court today sought a status report from the police on a plea seeking lodging of an FIR against Bollywood actors Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif and others for allegedly using a casteist slur against scheduled castes.

The complaint has alleged that Khan had used the word during the promotion of his film ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’.

Additional Sessions Judge Sidharth Sharma directed the Delhi Police to file a report by March 5 on whether any FIR has been filed in the matter in Mumbai or Rajasthan and the status of investigation in those matters.

The court also directed the police to verify the facts in those FIRs and see whether they were similar to those stated in the current FIR.

During the hearing, the complainant told the court that Khan and his associates were allegedly threatening him for pursuing the matter and added that even the ACP himself had threatened him.

The court enquired from the ACP why Supreme Court directions were not followed during the filing of an FIR.

“Please do not shy away from lodging an FIR. You may take action against the complainant if it is found that the case was false. But why a person, who claims to be a victim, should run from pillar to post,” the judge asked.

The plea has alleged that the accused persons had “committed atrocity” on the members of the caste and insulted and humiliated them by making the casteist remark.

The complaint, filed by Harnam Singh, a former Chairman of Delhi Commission for Karamcharis, alleged that the remark was made by Khan during a programme on a television channel while Kaif, “rather than protesting at the offensive and insensitive statement, joined the accused number 1 (Khan) in insulting and abusing the victim through her conduct.”

Singh said he had in December last year filed a complaint at a police station here, but no FIR has yet been registered, due to which he moved the court.

Appeal against Salman’s acquittal in Arms Act case to be heard on July 6

Appeal against Salman's acquittal in Arms Act case to be heard on July 6
Appeal against Salman’s acquittal in Arms Act case to be heard on July 6

Arguments on an appeal filed by the Rajasthan government in a sessions court here challenging the acquittal of actor Salman Khan by a trial court in a case against him under the Arms Act will begin on July 6.

In response to a notice issued by sessions judge Bhagwan Das Agarwal on March 7, counsels of Khan appeared in the court today and submitted ‘vakalatnama’ (authorisation letter).

After accepting the documents, Agarwal listed the matter for arguments on July 6.

Khan had been acquitted by the trial court in a case against him for alleged possession and use of arms after expiry of its licence.

The state government had filed the appeal in the sessions court challenging the acquittal on March 7, following which the sessions court had issued notice to Khan.

( Source – PTI )

Rajasthan govt challenges Salman in Arms Act case

Rajasthan govt challenges Salman in Arms Act case
Rajasthan govt challenges Salman in Arms Act case

Bollywood actor Salman Khan has been issued notice by a sessions court on a state government plea against his acquittal in an Arms Act case linked to alleged hunting of chinkaras by him in 1998 here.

District and Sessions Judge Bhagwan Das Agarwal issued notice to the actor, seeking his reply to the government’s plea against him by April 21.

Public Prosecutor Pokar Ram Bishnoi, who challenged Khan’s acquittal, said the plea has been admitted and the notice issued to Khan.

The government has challenged Khan’s acquittal in the Arms Act case involving alleged possession of unlicensed weapon by him for hunting deers in 1998 in Jodhpur.

Jodhpur Chief Judicial Magistrate had acquitted Salman in the Arms Act case on January 18 citing technical grounds, saying he had been prosecuted under wrong sections.

Bishnoi argued before the sessions judge that the case had been proved against Khan, which was also admitted by the court and that on the basis of the examination of the evidence and witnesses, the prosecution had proved the case.

The state government has moved the sessions court against Salman’s acquittal in the Arms Act case barely over a month after the apex court on January 29 issued notice to him on another petition challenging his acquittal by the Rajasthan High Court in the deer hunting case.

While the high court had acquitted the actor in July, the state government had moved the apex court against him in October last year. Salman was accused of hunting two chinkaras at Bhawad in Mathania near Jodhpur on September 26, 1998 and another chinkara at Ghoda farms two days later on September 28, when he was in city for shooting of a film.

( Source – PTI )

Salman Khan records statement in blackbuck poaching case

Salman Khan records statement in blackbuck poaching case
Salman Khan records statement in blackbuck poaching case

Actor Salman Khan today recorded his statement in a court here in the alleged blackbuck poaching case and pleaded not guilty.

51-year-old Khan was asked 65 questions by Chief Judicial Magistrate Dalpat Singh Rajpurohit. He pleaded innocence in the case.

“Khan has not committed any crime. After the film shooting, he used to remain in the hotel. He has been framed in the case and we would produce the evidence in favour of his innocence on the next date,” said his counsel H M Saraswat.

Khan reached the court with other co-accused in the case – Neelam, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Saif Ali Khan at 11.20 AM.

He was in the court for close to one hour and left immediately afer his statement was recorded.

Earlier the court had summoned Salman and the other co-accused for recording of their statements in a case filed against them for alleged poaching of two blackbucks at Kankani village in 1998.

( Source – PTI )

Salman Khan exempted from personal appearance in poaching case

Salman Khan exempted from personal appearance in poaching case
Salman Khan exempted from personal appearance in poaching case

A Jodhpur court here today exempted Salman Khan and other co-accused from personal appearance in the alleged blackbuck poaching case and posted the matter to January 27.

Chief Judicial Magistrate (District) Dalpat Singh Rajpurohit had summoned Salman and four others co-accused Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam, and Sonali Bendre for today for recording of their statements in a case filed against them for alleged poaching of two blakcbucks at Kankani village in 1998.

“We moved a joint application on behalf of all accused seeking exemption from appearance in the court for today and the court allowed it”, said Defence Counsel K K Vyas.

The court has now listed the matter for January 27.

He said police had expressed inability to provide adequate security to the film stars in the court on account of the presence of the chief minister and the governor in the city for the state-level Republic Day celebrations.

( Source – PTI )