AN ACT TO REPEAL THE COAL GRADING BOARD ACT, 1925, AND TO
PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN
[9th May, 1959.]
1.Short title and commencement.
1. Short title and commencement. (1)This Act may be called the
Coal Grading Board (Repeal) Act, 1959.(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central
Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. Definitions. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,–
(a) “appointed day” means the date on which this Act come into force;
(b) “Coal Board ” means the Coal Board established under section
4 of the Coal Mines (Conservation and Safety) Act, 1952 ; (12 of 1952)
(c) “Coal Grading Board” means the Coal Grading Board constituted under section 3 of the Coal Grading Act, 1925.3.Repeal of Act 31 of 1925 and dissolution of coal Granding Board.
3. Repeal of Act 31 of 1925 and dissolution of coal Granding
Board. On the appointed day, the Coal Grading Board Act, 1925,
(31 of 1925) shall stand repealed, and the Coal Grading Board shall stand dissolved.
4. Consequential provisions. (1) All- moneys and other property, of whatever kind, owned by or vested in, the Coal Grading Board immediately before the appointed day and all debts, liabilities and obligations of that Board then existing shall, on the appointed day, stand transferred to and vested in the Coal Board.
(2) Anything done or any action taken before the appointed day by the Coal Grading Board shall, so far as it is not inconsistent with any of the provisions of the Coal Mines (Conservation and Safety) Act,
1952, (12 of 1952) or the rules made thereunder, be as valid and effectual as if it had been done or taken by the Coal Board.
1 14th August, 1959, vide Notification No. S.O. 1771, dated the 7th
August, 1959, Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Pt. II, Sec. 3(ii), p.