Author Profile

Legal India

Posted On by &filed under Discussion Forum.

cfStart a Discussion on Consumer Laws of India (any of one can also ask question in this page and any one can answer it)

Leave a Reply

84 Comments on "Discussion Forum on Consumer Laws"

Notify of
Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
D K Negi

Forum disallowed my complaint. I filed appeal with State Commission. Commission admitted Appeal and issued notices to OPs who filed WS. Commission passed strictures against Forum, allowed admission of Complaint but remanded it back to Forum. I feel Commission should have allowed or disallowed Complaint without notices to OPs or else if notices were served the Complaint should have been processed at Commission itself. There was a lapse of 9 months in admission itself. Is State Commission not responsible for this delay? What remedies are available against Commission, if they wrong?

Sundararajan Kannan
We took Travel& Health Insurance from an Indian Company in Delhi. My wife had a health issue of fever & vomiting etc one night and we had taken her to an Emergency Center and treated her. Upon return we filed a legitimate claim for some 820 USD with all the available medical records given to us .The Insurance Company shows no intent to honestly pay the claim and keeps asking for additional records which are not available with us. My daughter in USA contacted the health care provider and after obtaining some confidentiality undertakings from us, they provided copy of… Read more »

Reference: Seeking your opinion
Respected Sir,
I our society a Special General Body Meeting was conducted to seek permission from the General Body and voting was I held in favor of the agenda with majority favoring the agenda but after 45 days the society management committee has refused in circulating the minutes now they want to seek a legal opinion for issuing minutes do your think the managing committee can stop issuing minutes and can they oppose the Special General Meeting.
Manoj H Behal


I paid money to a company for doing interior work for my house. But I didn’t sign any contract with them for doing the work. I have only the receipt for the money paid to them. That company didn’t complete the work. Only half of the work is done. They are neither ready to complete the work nor ready to return the money. When I went to their office, the vacated the place. They are telling me that the company is no longer there as they are having problem between the partners. Can anyone help me in this issue.


Hi, I am employee of private sector. I was order mobile (Moto G Turbo) in offer from Amazon website. But they do not deliver to us. When I discussed with Amazon customer care then they told me that this is technical issue. But they are play with our emotions to see different offers.
Please help me now what I do?

parmod kalirana

you can serve them legal notice and if they do not take action, than proceeding under Consumer Act can be intiated