Central Information Commission Room No. 305, 2nd Floor, 'B' Wing, August Kranti Bhavan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066 Web: www.cic.gov.in Tel No: 26167931 Case No. CIC/SS/C/2011/000475 Name of Complainant : Mr. Chandan Name of Respondent : Food Corporation of India ORDER
The Commission has received a complaint dated 28.7.2011 from Mr.
Chandan u/s 18 of the RTI Act, 2005, against the Food Corporation of India
pertaining to his RTI-request dated Nil.
2. Perused the documents submitted by the Complainant it is observed that
Complainant’s RTI-request was replied to by CPIO, Food Corporation of India,
Bihar vide letter No. E.VI/41(3)/RTI/201-NZ/205 dated 29.4.2011.
3. The Complainant has not availed the first-appellate channel u/s 19(1) of
the RTI Act.
4. In order to avoid multiple proceedings under section 19 and 18 of the RTI
Act, viz., appeals and complaints, the Complainant is advised to file his first
appeal against the decision of CPIO before Appellate Authority, General
Manager (NZ-I), Zonal Office(N), Khadyapoorna Sadan, A-2A, A-2B, Sector-24,
Noida-201301(UP) under Section 19(1) of the RTI Act, within four weeks of
receipt of this Order.
5. On receipt of first-appeal from the Complainant, as per directions above,
AA is directed to dispose it of through a speaking order, within four weeks of
receipt of the first-appeal.
6. In case the Complainant is not satisfied with the decision of First Appellate
Authority, he is at liberty to file a second appeal afresh before the Commission,
under section 19(3), along with complaint u/s 18, if any, within the prescribed
Case No. CIC/SS/C/2011/000475
The Appeal is disposed of with above directions.
Authenticated true copy:
OSD & Dy. Registrar
1. Mr. Chandan,
S/o Shri I.C. Pandey,
Vill. Nadihar, PO Rajgarh,
Near P.T. Girls School,
2. The First Appellate Authority,
General Manager (NZ-I),
Zonal Office(N), Khadyapoorna Sadan,
A-2A, A-2B, Sector-24,